Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The indoor games will commence in twenty-four hours

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Feb 11, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    We have storm warnings pretty much right across the province. First will come six inches of snow, followed by freezing rain, followed by rain, followed by more snow. What a nice, slippery, layer cake Mother Nature has planned.

It's definitely going to be a challenge to keep the princess happy and exercised with the great outdoors so inhospitable for a full two days. We'll play fetch, hide the kibble, tug or war, indoor racetrack and I'll set up some boxes to explore.

What do you do with your super dogs when the weather isn't cooperating?

JacqueZ likes this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Yuck! We have weather coming in but nothing like that. Here in CT we get little bits of everything; little bits of snow with some years more than others, little bits of hurricanes, little bits of heat, little bits of humidity. But last year we got nailed with tornadoes and then this winter while the snow has been super light, we got ICE - yuck, yuck, yuck!

Brodie is easily pooped out still and definitely not as high energy as willow yet. We have little kongs - have you tried freezing stuff in them? I have not yet. He loves his cheapo tunnel and playing fetch in it. How about a toy on a stick? Hubby bought our cats a cheapo battery operated fox tail toy that keeps Brodie more entertained than the cats. Training sessions - sit, down, shake, roll over, touch, all seem to be successful in pooping him out.

Have fun! Stay safe! And I sure hope you are feeling better after your fall!

GlennR likes this.
  3. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes, I'm improving daily. I can walk with just a few twinges but stairs and getting up and down off the floor are still a bit of a challenge. Willow and I did manage our usual walk this morning. I walk a mile, she probably walks five with the extendable lead. We intersperse brief heeling sessions with roaming on the long lead. That seems to make it nice for both of us.

Sharon7 likes this.