Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The lockdown refugees

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Caro, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Hi all. Been MIA for a while because we are all stranded far away from home because of border shut downs. I came to Melbourne 5 weeks ago for a family emergency and got stuck.

In between lockdowns we had a couple of weeks of freedom where we could visit family outside so I met my mum and sister at a lovely outdoor cafe. And of course our doggos came along. My girls loved it as we don't do cafes anymore, it's too hard with 3 dogs, and esp with Tully.

My sister had her Goldie but no one noticed with 3 angelic Sheltie girls vying for attention.

Oh and wish us luck - Kismet goes in for desexing on Tuesday with a local vet I've never used before. Bit scary but I don't want her in heat while we're stranded.

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg IMG_2032.jpg IMG_2036_2.jpg

2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Caro, it is good to hear from you and see Tully, Kismet and Della all enjoying themselves. Stay safe and best of wishes for Kismet on her upcoming spay surgery.
    Trini

Darren, ghggp, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Della doesn't look to excited with the goings on but Tully sure looks great! She looks as young and vibrant as Miss Kismet!

Sorry to hear you are stranded! Ay hopes of getting back to your home? I cannot imagine being in your shoes - be well!!!! Best of luck with Kismet's desexing; please keep us posted when you can.

Darren, ghggp, Ron Atkinson and 3 others like this.
  4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Sadly there's 3 border closures between us and home. Just hoping there's some progress before the warm weather hits as I've only a few winter clothes.

Poor Tully spent 3 days in the ER after that pic so she's looking a little rough with a shaved belly. Being away from home is tough on old Tully, as was the long drive here. Della was great for about 1.5hrs at the cafe, before the photo, that's actually a long time for Della to be around strangers.

Darren, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Glad to hear all is good with you Caro and that your dogs are doing well especially Tully! I’d heard on the news about how things were there and was wondering how you were doing. Sending good thoughts for Kismets spay!

Darren, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    We miss you, Caro, but glad to know you're all OK in spite of everything going on there. I hope things improve soon and you're able to get home. Give those beautiful girls a pat for us!

Darren, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering what was happening. So sorry you are stuck, and having to use an unfamiliar vet. Will keep sweet Kismet in my thoughts for a speedy recovery. I am really happy to hear Tully is hanging in there, though. She's been through so much. Fingers crossed restrictions will lift before too long and you can get home.

8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Great to hear from you, Caro! I was although thinking about how you were doing. Glad you had a great day out in the un to get together with family and friends! Heck, I would go for three cute shelties over a golden any day! ;)

9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Good to see you're ok Caro! I hope all goes well with Kismet and things improve for you real soon so you can go home!

Piper's mom, Ron Atkinson and Sharon7 like this.
  10. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Adorable!!

Darren, Ron Atkinson and Piper's mom like this.