Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The New AKC Open Exercises...

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Mar 21, 2018.

1. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    We are working on the new Command Discrimination exercises .. Open A is easy. It's the stand from a down in Open B that will bugger us. Justus will need to get completely new cues! Flyer said sit and stand sound too much alike. I can command and signal but it just isn't progressing as fast as I would like. My first goal is to get this on verbal only... am I wrong?

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    haven't even looked at the new obedience stuff.....
    we don't know how to do anything above novice so it will all be new to us:winkgrin:

3. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I'm entered in Open A, May 12 in Perry. Might as well try it and see what I've got. Worse that can happen is we NQ... (not quite. ;) )

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    We have something similar here in Canada with open (position changes) although here we have two streams, the original out of sight stays and the new one. I've been practicing the position changes with just a verbal...I think it's better to keep the signal for Utility so as not to confuse the dog.