Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The sky rumbles...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jul 10, 2020.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    There is a pretty big thunderstorm happening here all around us. After barking back at the big dog in the sky for the first few cracks of thunder, Willow settled into her dog bed and is sleeping right through it all. I'm glad she adapted to it so quickly. Of course, in order to be comfy, she pushed the mattress out of the way and laid her head on the bolster. She's particular about her comfort. :)

What, me worry?
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/...021411671--9064955248668022969-IMG_2881-L.jpg

Sharon7, Calliesmom, Darren and 3 others like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Chill Willow!

Darren, GlennR, ghggp and 1 other person like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Looks like she took her anxiety out on the bed...smart girl!

Darren, GlennR and ghggp like this.
  4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    ALL THUNDER MUST DIE!!!!!

Spitfire Esquire

Hanne, Caro, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    You are so lucky that Willow is so even tempered and calm!! We had thunder yesterday and I was wearing four Shelties. Sprite is the only one who could care less about storms. Good girl, Willow!

Hanne, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 4 others like this.
  6. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Personally I'm scared of lightning and thunder storms, but after living with a terrified Callahan every summer of his life, I vowed Fillion would not be like that. So I stuffed my fear and the first storm we had when he was a puppy, I took him outside and we ran and played in the rain. Thankfully the lightning wasn't very close! He couldn't care less about storms. Was that what did it or would he just have been that way anyway? I'll never know. Koko doesn't like the boomers or rain, but he doesn't get as hysterical as Cal used to. He just wants to be as close as possible. Benson didn't seem to be afraid last year, but all big noises make him bark so we will see how this monsoon season goes--assuming we ever get any storms!

Sharon7, Darren, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  7. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    That's it Willow, you show our guys/gals how it's done :yes:

Piper's mom, Hanne, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Dixie agrees:yes:

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Willow just shrugs these things off it seems! We're lucky that we rarely have any thunderstorms here. When we have, a couple of my past girls were very scared and ended up under the covers of our bed with us for comfort.

Piper's mom likes this.