Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The solo adventures of Tully

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Caro, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    On the weekend we went to the annual dog day out run by the exhibition centre - "A Pooch Affair". We usually staffed the Delta stall. I've posted about it before because Deska would always manage to wreak mayhem, knock over stalls, pickpocket treat bags, steal food and displays. This year of course was going to be bitter sweet, no Delta stall and no Deska, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go.

The morning was a write off, running late, pea soup fog, late to enter fancy dress. Tully got diarrhea inside - twice. She got into some dropped chicken treats (allergy). Stopped to chat with a friend and Tully just hid under the chair (and idiot people kept letting their poorly behaved big dogs go under the chair), so I picked her up and then sat in the car for an hour waiting for our Sheltie friends.

But when the other Shelties turned up Tully came out of her shell, she barked with another Sheltie, became all confident, at Sheltie/Collie playtime she pottered around and didn't care where I was! I have not seen her like this since Deska died. It's like she's turned a corner - taken 6mths. Shame me and the cats still haven't recovered.

Anyway, here are some pics - in her piper costume (with Mr D's bagpipes, hat and sporran) and at Sheltie playtime.

Tully the piper girl EPIC FB Page.jpg
    Courtesy of EPIC Canberra Facebook

APA.jpg

Sharon7, Sandy in CT, Jams and 9 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Gosh, I just LOVE that picture of Tully in Deska’s Piper costume! Outstanding

I am so glad to hear that she is coming out of her shell! Being with her sheltie buddies definitely helped I am sure!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Sharon7, Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    This just fills my heart with happiness, Caro! Tully needed some "others of my tribe" time for sure!!

Sharon7, ghggp, KarenCurtis and 2 others like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Caro, that photo of Tully in the costume is stunning! You must send that to Sheltie Nation! I'm so glad to hear that you and Tully ended up having a good day. We never really get over the losses, but it's great to see Tully recovering.

5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Tully is just the cutest in the Piper costume! I second Ann's suggestion of sending it to SN!

ghggp, Ann, Calliesmom and 1 other person like this.
  6. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Lovely shots, I'm so glad that it worked out for Tully and you.

Calliesmom likes this.
  7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    So happy to read how she’s doing and agree with the others—that photo is perfect!

ghggp and Calliesmom like this.
  8. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    ADORABLE!!!!!!

Calliesmom likes this.
  9. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    She had to cause some havoc in honor of Deska. So now trade the cats in on a Sheltie buddy for her....:devil:

ghggp, KarenCurtis and Calliesmom like this.
  10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Unfortunately I didn't take that photo, it was from EPIC (the Exhibition Park) facebook page (sourced below the pic). My photo was grainy and cut Tully's head off. Gotta start wearing glasses when I use my phone for photos.

Yea I'm hoping she'll accept another dog, but she shows no sign of liking puppies! I'm thinking the puppy will have to make do with a cat buddy, so they won't be going either!

Calliesmom likes this.