Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

There may be an addition in near future

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Piper's mom, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Piper and Finnie's breeder sent me a few pictures of her latest litter (sables, 3 weeks old) and I told her I may get another in the spring. She asked me if I'd thought of getting a bi blue or bi black, I said I'd considered a bi blue. Well wouldn't you know it but her bi blue is due any day now with 5 pups! She's going to send me pictures when they arrive...I really wasn't thinking of a puppy in winter (would be around February) but now I'm like hmmmmm.......
    Oh and Finnie will be 3 in January...I don't like to get a puppy until I've forgotten how much work it is :lol:...

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oooooo that's very cool! We weren't anticipating a puppy either when we got Meadow, we'd figured on an adult either washed out of showing or retiring. It often seems dogs happen to drop in our lives when it's not all that convenient or planned on but what the heck. If we're all still on lockdown which seems likely it will be a good project to raise a pup! I love the idea of a bi-blue and you know how I loved bi-black Brooke. Can't go wrong either way IMHO.

Keep us in the loop, Lisa! Boy or girl preferred, or do you care?

Hanne, Darren, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Maybe a girl...maybe a boy lol.
    Oh and I must blame Glenn for putting puppy thoughts in my head:ROFLMAO:...

Your so right Sharon, they do sort of drop in at strangest times..I honestly wasn't thinking of this soon. At least I have time to prepare! I must say I'll be more selective this time and I'd probably get first pick...the breeder knows I'd show him/her..Finnie was more impulse, the breeder didn't think he'd make a good show dog and she was right. Not that I love him any less of course but he is a handful...live and learn I say, I certainly learned a lot with him that I didn't know before!

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh, don’t we know it... you never realize how much work a puppy can be! I know what you mean about Finnie not working out as a show dog! Gezzz... I got Liam specifically to show in obedience. Well, as we know that did not work out! Like you, I don’t love him any less. I am a little shocked you aren’t going for one of the puppies she has on the ground now. I don’t think I could wait... then again, potty training in the winters of Canada may make me rethink that strategy! I love having three!

Hanne, KarenCurtis, Darren and 2 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I take much responsibility for Finnie being the way he is...sticking with the one trainer I had at the time rather than being in a class with other dogs from the time he was a pup definitely contributed to his being so reactive. Live and learn...I know so much more about Shelties now than when I got Piper. All the stars aligned with Piper, I did everything right without even realizing it.
    I'm not quite ready for a puppy right now and when she mentioned a bi blue I thought hmmm...maybe....I'll have to find a picture of the dam that's due, she's beautiful.

Hanne, KarenCurtis, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    We got Layla in the winter -- it was wonderful!!!

ghggp, Darren, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I'm not sure if your winter is as cold as ours Chris! However February in Winnipeg isn't quite so cold as January is...January our 'average' temperature is -15 C but we have had streaks of 20+ days below -30 C! February can be cold but it can be mild too. Perhaps they'd learn to potty quick :lol:.....

8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
  9. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Whenever you do decide to welcome a new wee pup, he/she will be so blessed to have found such a loving home. And, of course, we will expect to see loads and loads of pictures!!!!!! Willow is very pretty!
    Trini

10. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    OMG...... YES!!!!

I am crossing my fingers and hoping and parying that we get a puppy from Brodie's breeder. I waited years for hubby to approve Brodie, he is 100% smitten and talks about getting a girl because Brodie's sister flirted with him something terrible - we would have had two except the Breeder kept her. She has a litter due on hubby's birthday next week. We were offered a pup but hubby would not commit to a coat or sex so I am not sure if we will get choice fo leftovers or what. Even if we do, hubby could easily say not yet... Keeping my mouth shut has never been easy for me but so far I am managing...

ghggp, Calliesmom, Darren and 2 others like this.