Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

They never stop!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Piper's mom, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I swear I could get 20 videos a day of Piper and Finnie playing...its endless lol.

SheepOfBlue, corbinam, Chris and 4 others like this.
  2. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    I love how Piper puts that spin move on Finnie! Such fun!

3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow, I can’t believe how big Finnie got!!! How old is he now? Looks like you are still training his ears.

Love watching them play!! So much fun!!!

4. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I know Gloria, Finnie is now bigger than Piper! Funny because he was on the smaller size when first born and exactly 10" at 10 weeks but lately he's been growing like a weed...I hope he slows down!
    He's going to be 6 months on July 31st. Yup, those ears keep wanting to creep up, fortunately the breeder showed me how to do the ears. I use the Sheltie ear tape then I spray the tape with quick stop (it's an automotive product that makes the tape extra sticky) then place the tape where I want to fold to be. If he's good at getting the tape out (he's getting better at it lol) I put a dab of sew easy fabric glue on the tape where it's loosened and that usually helps to hold it in place for the 4 weeks. We'll probably be doing the ears for awhile lol.

5. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Piper has that spin move down pat! He's a pro spinner lol.

6. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I love it! Those two are so much fun. And isn't it nice for you when they entertain themselves for a bit? :)

Enzo and Elise do the same--bitey face all the time! Although I've seen him get tired out and I didn't think that was even possible!

I can't believe how big Finnie is these days. Makes Elise look like a shrimp!

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I must say though Corbinam that Finnie's height makes it considerably easier to practice heeling. Piper was perhaps 12" at that age and it was quite a stretch (for me) to entice him with that treat. I really think Finnie will be a much better obedience dog than conformation dog (he's still petrified of the table). And at only 5 1/2 months I have him doing heeling, fronts, sits, downs and stands, recall (no formal) and he can easily do a 1 minute sit/down stay! We just started on finishes and I'm starting him on go outs. I have him entered in just 2 shows in 3 weeks (6-9 month puppy and sweeps for Sheltie specialty) but that'll probably be it for the year. Then we wait to see if he goes over lol.

corbinam likes this.