Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Transformations

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by SRW, May 26, 2020.

1. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Ohio
    I found a picture that I didn't realize that I had of Devon when he was just 4 weeks old. I bought him from an Amish family in northeast Indiana and this picture is when we went to look at him for the first time (I had to wait 4 more weeks to take him home). The Amish family is in the backgroundand my friend's head just behind Devon. The second picture is how he turned out and was taken a few weeks ago at 23 months (and thanks to the help of people here on how to prop up ears he ended up with real Sheltie ears instead of "hound" ears).

Quite a change!

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Hanne, Sharon7, Ann and 7 others like this.
  2. jomuir

jomuir Premium Member

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    What a beauty! And nice upright ears too :happy:

SRW, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 1 other person like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    What a change...he's gorgeous! I remember all the work you did to get his ears up, it was well worth it. So nice to see what a beauty he's become!

Hanne, SRW, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  4. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Ohio
    He ended up looking a lot better than either of his parents. His dad had hound ears from the pictures I saw of him (I never saw him in the flesh) and Devon's ears were still flat against his head at about 12 weeks which is the point I started asking questions here about whether or not it was possible to brace ears to hold them up, as everything I had read talked about getting them tipped down. His mom had a sort of unruly coat (curls and cow licks) and her coloring, especially in the head, was a bid odd (sort of a dark straw color with almost an olive sort of tint).

Still, in spite of that there was just something about him that made me choose him over some other puppies that had far more conventional looking parents. 

Hanne, Sharon7, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  5. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Just like Tully - I always say she looked like a baby Wombat at that age but grew into a swan. Unfortunately though Tully's ears never tipped enough - Deska kept eating off the stuff I used to weight her ears.

Sometimes everything aligns and you just know when a dog is right for you, and that dog knows you are meant for him. That's what happened with my Mr D.

Sharon7, SRW, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  6. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    He looks great, you've done a. Amazing job with him.

SRW, Piper's mom and Sandy in CT like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    You have done a wonderful job with his ears! It takes real dedication to understand how to do them properly! The effort in the end shows how it can be done right!
    Bravo! Devon’s an incredibly handsome lad!

Sharon7, SRW, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    So fun to see them when puppies and then as they grow up! And you did a fantastic job with his ears!!!! He is gorgeous and goodness - what a beautiful surround in the adult picture of him!

Hanne, SRW and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Well done!!

SRW likes this.
  10. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    He is gorgeous!