Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Treader, 2005(?)-2016

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by graydawntreader, Sep 16, 2016.

1. graydawntreader

graydawntreader Forums Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2008
    St. Marys, GA
    I haven't frequented this forum in years. But I remember using it all the time as a teenager.

I had a Papillon/Sheltie mix named Treader. At least that's what I believe he was, best guess. I got him in 2007. Hard to believe that was nearly a decade ago. Where did the time go?
    About three years ago he had been diagnosed with a heart murmur and put on medication. Last year it all began with a sudden persistent cough that progressed into final stage heart failure. He did well and lasted longer than the vet thought he would. He always did take everything in stride.

There doesn't seem to be an option to embed pictures, but these are some pictures of him:
    http://colliequest.deviantart.com/art/Treader-and-the-door-350079883
    http://colliequest.deviantart.com/art/Treader-collage-352880140

Here is a tribute I drew of him:
    http://colliequest.deviantart.com/art/he-s-an-angel-now-628601972

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    we've missed you
    so sorry to hear your news but glad that you came back to let us know about Treader

3. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    sorry to read about your loss of your little Treader.

An absolutely wonderful drawing

4. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Sorry for your loss.

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I am so very sorry to hear of Gray Dawn Treader's passing! I have missed seeing your pictures and "hearing" your voice on the forum -- we used to visit through Sheltie Nation so often! Thank you for returning to let us say farewell to a gallant little fellow many of us here came to know and love.

6. graydawntreader

graydawntreader Forums Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2008
    St. Marys, GA
    Ahh, I wasn't sure anyone who would remember me or Treader was still around these forums.
    I was sure he would be with me until my mid 20's at least (I'm 23 now), but from the reading I did his heart condition was probably congenital. He wasn't aging or anything, and he was healthy otherwise.
    Only a couple days before he died I had begun teaching him a trick. He was restricted from taking walks and stuff because exercise put a strain on his breathing. (And the last couple of times he did get walks he only went short distances before he had to be carried home.) The medicine did make him feel more comfortable and happy for a time, at least. I still don't know what to do with what's left of it.

7. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    Most clinics will dispose of unused or outdated meds.

8. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I'm very sorry for your loss. The drawing you did was lovely.

9. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Treader was a real cutie, and your artwork depicts him beautifully. Sending hugs.