Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Tully's not doing well

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Caro, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Tully's very sick. She's refusing to eat and her breathing is laboured. Today she was outside standing near the fence and not reacting to me, not registering I was there.

I really hope this is another bout of IBD but her health has been declining quite a bit this year.

A lot of her decline has to do with an error that was made with her food, that meant she was being fed an allergen for the last 18mths (long story). I'm worried it has all been too much. I thought she was starting to rally on a new home cooked diet. But for some reason she's taken a turn.

She hasn't been able to get heartworm or flea/tick treatment or kennel cough vaccs anymore because of her IBD, but it's winter and with lockdown I think the chances of catching any of those is low.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh, Caro, I am so very sorry that Tully is ill. Her reactions sound worrying indeed.
    She is such a dear and has been with you through the best of times and supported you through the worst as well. I certainly hope it is something she can recover from.
    My prayers and virtual hugs being sent your way...
    Keep us posted...

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Oh no Caro! I'll keep you and Tully in my thoughts and prayers that this isn't anything serious! Tully is a tough little girl, she can fight this!:fl:hugs

4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Very sorry to hear. Hopefully the decline can reverse.

ghggp, Piper's mom, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Praying she rallies!

ghggp, Piper's mom, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    No!!!! Praying Tully is just having an 'off' day and that she rallies through this. Praying for you too Caro.... so hard to see our precious ones struggling. Many hugs to you....

ghggp, Caro, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    poor girl..and poor you.
    I know I dread when Gavin starts to decline.
    And the COVID crisis only makes it worse :(

I hope she rebounds and you have more time with her

hugs and kisses from me and Gavin

ghggp, Caro, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  8. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    I'm so sorry to hear that Caro!:hugs We'll all be keeping you in our thoughts and hope Tully is just having an off day.

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    My heart sank seeing this thread. I add my prayers and send healing thoughts to Tully for a recovery. She and you have been through such rough times but she is a tough little girl and hopefully is just having a bad day. Keep us posted. :hugs

ghggp, Caro and Piper's mom like this.