Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

UGH! Working for a living

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Mar 12, 2019.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    I have a question for all of the working saps on the board. Do you ever have a day when you just want to go home for a doggy hug? I'm having a very strong urge to go home and cuddle Cassie. And the worst part is that I know how this would go. I'd hug Cassie for a whole minute, then the puppy in her would have to wiggle free to pull the cat across the floor. But then I'd get Cooper or Rocket for a hug. And eventually, I'd get hugged by every dog, and my mood might lighten then.

ghggp, Chris, KarenCurtis and 3 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Just recently retired, so I'll answer - YES!!! When I was having a crappy day at the hospital, I would long to be home to hug the dogs. It just grounds me. To get through the day I would think "When this is over, I can go home to love on my dogs!!" (Sorry, hubby :hide) The next best thing was if a therapy dog came around.....

ghggp, Chris, Calliesmom and 2 others like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Absolutely! Sometimes I just can't wait to get home to hug my boys but then it goes something like this...hug Finnie, get a dirty look from Piper, cuddle with Piper, Finnie gets jealous and starts play mouthing with Piper, Piper jumps down and they start running and playing. Sigh....
    Riley of course never wants a hug, try and he pulls away. No food, no hug!

ghggp, Chris, Hanne and 2 others like this.
  4. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    I am lucky. I can go home for lunch every day. I look forward to that hour with Z, always puts a smile on my face. Back to work, but only 4 hours until I see his smiling face again!

ghggp, Chris, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  5. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    YES! Especially lately, I think about Sandstorm a lot during the day. We do have a school dog who I get to hug.

6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I took Layla with me!!!

RikyR, ghggp, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  7. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I wish I could!

Calliesmom likes this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    :yuckyuck

KarenCurtis, Calliesmom and Sharon7 like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I am blessed to be retired and work part-time from home! Sometimes the dogs are so persistent wanting attention when I have to work...
    Today was especially bad! But I am very lucky as they all love their hugs!
    Especially, Baron... I call him my Hug-a-Muffin! He is like hugging a BIG TEDDY BEAR!

10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Piper loves his hugs too...I pick him up and carry him and he puts his head on my shoulder! I love this boy of mine!!!
    But it's very hard to give affection to one when I'm getting dirty looks from the other lol.