Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Uh, oh!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sharon7, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Amazing what a boring life we led before Eli! I got back from the gym this AM having left Eli in his crate, and the girls in the den. Came home, greeted the girls, opened the den door to the hallway, and there stood Mr. Elijah, tail wagging and oh-so-happy. I thought OMG!!!! What destruction has he wrought??? :cautious: I must not have completely latched the crate door. :rolleyes:

Trail of toys down the hall, he raided the toy box and scattered everything. My husbands clothes on the living room floor, a coat hanger that had been on a chair, my hubby's shoes scattered, the dog mats on the carpet all scrunched up. I searched for pee or poop, but found NONE. ( I have a lot of carpet, woe is me.) My nice UGG boots were also transported into the living room.

But the bottom line? NO DAMAGE! None! And no accidents in the house. I took him straight outside where
    he promptly peed and pooped for me - what a good, good boy! The only damage I could find was a chewed up paper napkin he fished out of the bedroom trash can.

Feel like I dodged a bullet! (y)

RikyR, JacqueZ, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    You DID dodge a bullet!!! It sounds like Eli had a lot of fun. Bet he'll nap for you this afternoon, hahaha! :lol::lol::lol:

JacqueZ, ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Wow! What a good boy! My girl is far more destructive in the 20 seconds that she’s out of my sight- haha!

How did he get out of his crate?!

JacqueZ, ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  4. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    You definitely dodged a bullet!

And maybe Eli opened the crate door? Spirit knows how to get out of her crate. I padlock it shut if I have to leave her in it. Maybe just add a carabiner to the door?

ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  5. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    You got lucky even at 1+ year Angus Eats Everything is not allowed out at night. Besides no sleep I think half the room would be eaten. He still steals one remote if I leave the room.

ghggp and Sharon7 like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    GOOD BOY ELI!
    I know you understand that mom loves you and would never want harm to come to you...
    So, moral of the story! STAY in your crate young man!

That is one for the record books!
    Never had one escape from the crate!

Sharon7 and JacqueZ like this.
  7. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Man, I realize I got really lucky with Fill after hearing your stories! I think baby gates came down before he was 1. He just doesn't have a destructo mode. (unless its a bully stick or a cows ear)

8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Sounds like you were very fortunate! Even Piper didn't get freedom until he was 1 1/2 years old lol (he liked to chew everything)!

9. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I also want to join :lol::lol::lol::lol: - perhaps there could be a new member come by :biggrin2:

I have never had one of my puppies in cages or in baby fences :no:
    they have had access to my kitchen when I have not been home, with a baby door to the living room.

At night in the bedroom, little puppies in my bed
    Once they could jump down, they found themselves where they would be.

When I have been home they have been with me in the whole house from day one :yes:

All been clean very quickly, and actually never destroyed anything of importance :fl
    paper it could become atoms in no time

Sharon7, Margi and mimiretz like this.
  10. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
    Phew, glad Hurricane Eli was not as destructive as he could've been!

ghggp, Cara Sandler and Calliesmom like this.