Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

UKC Brag

Discussion in 'Show Brags!' started by Lightplum, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    One of the semi local (ok 115 miles each way) UKC clubs was holding a show, since my niece has wanted to show my dogs and she is only 7 we figured this would be a great start for her! So the most trained will do what ever you say dog we have is mr Noah!! Since he was there for her to show, I figured minds well just enter him in the regular classes. Well Jenna got 1st in Sub-junior and a big blue ribbon for each show so she was beyond delighted!! And Noah in the classes got BOB and went on to win group 2 for both shows!!!!! I was told he is up to 50pts, not that I could figure it out if my life depended on it, but It was a really fun day(except for the flooding rains), and a laid back atmosphere, granted it took a bit to get accustomed to not doing the full grooming with product as the UKC does not allow product, and they check!!!!!!

I have a few pics, well my mom was in charge of taking the photos since I was showing, and being the official Noah picker up for the table!!

Here is my niece handling Noah
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightplum/6201723215/
    Noah on the table
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightplum/6202235572/
    Noah in the group Ring (ingore my ugly sweatshirt, it was the 3rd one by 11am since it was raining soo hard!!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightplum/6202234964/
    Noah on the move!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightplum/6201722053/

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that's great- Congrats to your niece:yes:
    thanks for posting pix- Noah looks great:smile2:

3. HopeShelties

HopeShelties Forums Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    Congratulations! That puts you at half way to his UKC CH. You will need 50 more points and 1 more class win with competition.
    I think the UKC shows are a lot of fun. They are so much more laid back, and are a very friendly venue. I was at one today as well helping to show my friends dog, and socializing my puppy :)

4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Congrats! Noah looked great!

5. nbrard

nbrard Forums Enthusiast

Congratulations to you and your niece!

6. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I just love seeing kids in this sport.. Congrats!!! They look so great!!!

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Congratulations, Linda! :biggrin2: Your niece is darling and you and Mr. Noah look terrific...who knew they could look so good without product?! What a concept! Seriously, I wish we had more UKC shows around here. I'd be there in a minute. I find the whole AKC points/majors/minors/can/can't-show thing ridiculous.

I'll bet you can put that UKC championship on Noah in no time at all! :yes:

8. Infiniti

Infiniti Forums Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2009
    Illinois
    Congrats to both of you and Noah!! What a great show day.

9. SheltieLuver

SheltieLuver Forums Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congratulations! I wouldn't mind trying UKC someday.

10. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    What fun for your niece! You must be very proud. :biggrin2:

Nice work on Noah, too - he obviously blew the competition away! Nice work. BTW, in one of his pictures, it looks like his right rear leg has been scissored! Is that just the light, or did the poor guy blow a ton of coat?