Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Upcoming agility champ!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Claire Schachtschneider, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Claire Schachtschneider

Claire Schachtschneider Forums Novice

Nov 16, 2020
    Hi all! Finley, my sweet 4 1/2 month old sable sheltie, and I are starting to train for future agility course tournaments!
    Her favorite so far is the hurdle and is quickly weaving through the poles (when inspired by a treat). Are there any shelties in San Francisco or the Bay Area?? She’s in desperate needs of a sheltie friend.. her other dog friends can’t keep up the same way shelties run and play.

Hanne, Ann, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Hi Claire, welcome to you and Finley! Yes, we know how important socializing is to our young pups! Hopefully, you will find someone on this site to hookup with!

I know Sharon one of our monitors lives in California but not sure if she is in the Bay Area! Good luck! Keep us posted.

You might also try to contact obedience facilities near you for puppy classes.

KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Hello Claire and Finley and welcome to Sheltie Nation! Hopefully you’ll be able to find a friend for Finley, having 2 Shelties myself (I’m in Canada unfortunately) I know how important a playmate is!
    I know Cindy lives in the Bay Area but her Sheltie Gavin is 15...I don’t think he’d want to play with a pup however perhaps she knows of others.

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Welcome from a fellow Californian! Unfortunately I am down south about 6 hours from you. Too bad, I have an almost 1 year old and two older Shelties who love to play. Are there any dog clubs in your area? They might be a good contact for finding a Sheltie friend. Also, I would try Nextdoor. I have seen posts here locally for people looking for socialization/play opportunities for their puppies.

5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I hope you find a special pal for your Finley. We all do better with a training partner!

7. Claire Schachtschneider

Nov 16, 2020
    Thank you! I am looking into more obedience classes that are social distanced in person so she is able to interact with other dogs... Hoping for the best!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  8. Claire Schachtschneider

Nov 16, 2020
    Hi Sharon,
    Aw, that is too bad! I grew up in the LA area which is also about 6 hours down south. I'll have to let you know if I ever head that way! Yes, I will have to check out Nextdoor because the dog clubs are not hosting many social outings due to the strict, but necessary, guidelines for the pandemic. Thanks for the help!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome, Claire and Finley! We love pictures too!

Hanne and KarenCurtis like this.