Labs came back today on aspirate from a small mass on Jake's abdomen near his hind legs... he has lymphoma. Vet said prednisone could keep him comfortable for 1 - 6 months. Vet said we should have a conversation about chemo, I don't know if I want to put him through that. I just want to pick him up and hold him all day long... but he doesn't really like that too much... I want to treat him as normally as I can, and spend the time we have left doing the things he loves the most, the beach, the dog park I have no idea how I'm going to make it through this. Just trying to keep it together is all I can focus on. I'm "in" a work meeting at the moment because my attendance is required, but it's a facade, like a crash test dummy... or a deer in the headlights, the semi is coming but nowhere to run... I almost wish my heart would stop beating when his does... in a way, it will... it might as well, it's already broken.