Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Walking in the snow

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Feb 13, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow likes getting out for a walk, even in poor conditions. Today was blustery and icy underfoot. The best part, for me, is the nap that follows a walk. That gives me a little time for myself which is much appreciated.

The pathway through the park:
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-JqtJtnd/0/04217999/L/2019021312033878-IMG_1411-L.jpg

Willow waiting for dad to stop fiddling with his phone:
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-dPNVLS8/0/b5d620ec/L/2019021312033878-IMG_1413-L.jpg

Today I let Willow visit with a poodle cross, perhaps a doodle on our walk. He was behind a fence, inside his own yard so it was a safe interaction. Willow play bowed and ran around and had a good time. The other dog was very friendly.

Sandy in CT and Sharon7 like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I'm sure you are tired of the winter season by now but the photos are beautiful to me. Just always looks so peaceful and quiet. Looks like a nice walking path.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  3. GlennR

GlennR Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Peaceful and quiet for sure. The loudest sound is from Willow who barks at especially hard gusts. They ruffle up her fur and could probably fly her off to the Land of Oz if she wasn't attached to me by the lead.

We just got back in from our second walk, ours were the only footsteps on the laneway that leads to the nicely maintained park trail. The laneway has a foot of snow on it and is pretty unpleasant to walk through. I sure don't mind not having to cope with a succession of people and dogs though. Willow being brave pays dividends.

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Margi, Ann, Sandy in CT and 1 other person like this.