Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Watching for mushrooms

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by sable, Oct 9, 2021.

1. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Has rained lots here, and the mushrooms are coming. I do a yard inspection all the time.
    Nice to be back here, my computer updated, and boom it went down. Lost the password
    for my computer, iPad, and iPhone from the update. My provider had to type it back in.
    Good to read everyone.

RikyR, Ann, trini and 4 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    We were fortunate (in a way) that it’s been incredibly dry here and no mushrooms especially with a puppy who eats everything! Blueberry kept me busy with her going after the cherry tomatoes...my only dog that will pull them off the vine! I worry she’d eat the green ones so I had to watch her like a hawk.
    Glad you got your computer working again...nothing more frustrating than when our technology fails us!

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    A breeder my trainer knows had an adult dog at the vet due to eating mushrooms in their yard! It was wet here and I've been going around picking or knocking them down since hearing of it.

sable, RikyR, Ron Atkinson and 2 others like this.
  4. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Coming up big time here. Zulu ignores them, but I knock them over anyway.

Piper's mom, Ron Atkinson and sable like this.
  5. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Teddy is the same as Zulu he ignores the mushrooms here. But RikyR has a good idea,I think I will start knocking them down myself.

6. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Buck doesn't eat them yet. Lucky my sheltie did and he would barf. I just get really cautious
    because of Lucky. Buck likes to chew on leaves, bird poo is on some of them so I am out
    in the yard all the time. The leaves will be coming down heavy soon.

Piper's mom likes this.