Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

We are 10 weeks today!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Sandy in CT, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    We weighed in at 5 lbs 2 ounces and somewhere around 9 3/4 inches.

Even though we had an ice storm and single digit temps, we did really well on potty training except for Tuesday; Brodie was a lean, mean peeing machine that day! We've alternated between getting up about 5 am and sleeping through till 6, 6:30 ish this whole week. He crashes sometime between 8 and 9 - flat out on the floor.

On our socialization, we met snow, ice and today rain - we are NOT a fan of puddles! We like sticks, frozen ice balls. We listen to our calming dog CD every day, really loud! The crying baby elicites concern from both dogs (we have a piebald small standard doxie), as do the meowing cats, brother barks a lot at the doorbells. Funny, but both Kooper and Brodie do NOT like the sound of one of the dogs on the CD. We play fetch for hours and LOVE retrieving paper towel rolls! We are not afraid of doors slamming (2 older kids in the house), or washing machines or vacuums. We get 'brushed' with a slicker every morning, just a bit, and are not fizzed by the dremel - but have only listened to it, haven't actually used it - seems like it would be a good chew toy!

We've done LOTS of car rides - both with big brother and without. We went to Home Depot last week, may try Lowes today. I've met the scary school bus that comes in the dark with lots of lights, and the not so scary school buses that come other hours. We've met the trash truck and yesterday met the UPS truck and driver! The UPS man delivered a tunnel and even one of the cats got in on the action!

We went to puppy class on Tuesday night where Brodie was the youngest but bravest! Went right up to a big rottweiler puppy to try to get him to play - when he wouldn't, Brodie went up to a 19 week old harlequin great dane pup - seriously his paws were the size of Brodie. He met kids and people and seems to think humans pet him - alot!

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Sounds like Brody is a rock star! What a good boy! :yes:

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    WOW, I am REALLY impressed with Brody's progress and what a social butterfly! Not afraid of anything!
    Geez, can he have a playdate with Liam to set him straight! He is afraid of everything!

You are doing a great job at socializing! Good work!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Seriously, a great job with socializing Mr. Brodie. It will pay off big-time for you! He sounds like such a fun puppy.

Katie’s Mom and KarenCurtis like this.
  5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

calming dog CD? Never heard of this...

6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Someone here mentioned using it. I figured why not try? My doxie is terrified of thunder to the point where he hears it LONG before we do and I end up sleeping on the couch with him. The thunder shirt doesn't affect him at all except he is frightened to try to move when wearing it. I figured it couldn't hurt. Has thunder, dogs, cats, babies, cars, horns, doorbells. My family all think it is annoying, plus I've been playing it up loud, so now I'm trying to get through as much of it as I can while they are not home.

It's this.... https://www.amazon.com/Calm-Pet-Desensitizing-Sounds-Animals/dp/B002JVX1UO

KarenCurtis likes this.
  7. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW CUTE YOUR PUPPY IS!!!!! I can't wait to get my puppy!!!

Hanne likes this.