Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

We moved!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Tabitha, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:21 PM.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    We are finally out of the city! I can’t believe the day has finally come! I just love the freedom out here. Jody and I walk everywhere together OFF LEASH! He hasn’t been on a leash once since moving here and he absolutely loves it. I could literally walk from one side of town to the other and back in less than 20 minutes at a good pace. Whistle isn’t quite so sure about our new home, but she’s settling in well if not as fast as Jody. For now though she has to stay leashed.

There are several ‘town dogs’ (non have owners but all are taken care of by local people) they are all friendly and we’ve never gotten more than a sniff or the occasional cow eyes begging for food. One big black fluff ball, Pumpkin, is notorious for that. But she’s so sweet I can never resist!

It’s very hard for me to get online though. I don’t have any data on my phone and we’re waiting for internet service to come out to our house. Luckily we do have a small library, the only available place with WiFi in 50 miles as far as I know. So getting on SN has been a challenge for me. But it won’t be too long before we can set up our computer. :fl

I am so excited about our new life! Maybe after we get settled in I can convince my fiancé that even though our hearts are filled with so much love from our two furbabies, it’s just not right to only have ONE sheltie. Don’t you think?:winkgrin:

This is from our fist night at the house. Maybe a bi or tri would be a nice balance with Jody’s sable and Whistle’s blue brindle. Honey would not be happy though...
    DD83626E-81A5-4F9D-9CF3-0DA7A7BEB100.jpeg

Jams, ghggp, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Wow, sounds like you really are out in the sticks. But what a relief it must be, I'm looking forward to the day i can finally moved, it's just a little bittersweet that my Mr D won't be with me.

ghggp, GlennR, Tabitha and 1 other person like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Welcome to country living. We have five -- seven now that we're caring for Toshiro and Kiyomi -- and it's no bother at all!

4. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    New York
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Congratulations on the new home! Enjoy!!!

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    "it’s just not right to only have ONE sheltie. Don’t you think?" :winkgrin:

YES, AGREE!!!:yes::lol::biggrin2: