Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

We rushed Minnie to the Vet, she's fine!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Aug 21, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I didn't really know either! I know that Sandstorm has nibbled on some hydrangea leaves, he didn't get sick though

2. SRW

SRW Forums Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2018
    I didn't know that hydrangeas were poisonous to dogs. Last week Devon chewed on the bark of a tree and got a bit of a small poison ivy vine that I didn't see because it was around the other side of the trunk. I was worried about him for a while (plus he wasn't allowed to lick me for a couple of days just in case), but nothing happened. For the record I can tell you that buckeyes are very poisonous as are the leaves, and this time of year the leaves start to come off the tree and I think this is the time when the buckeyes start to drop as well. Also lantana is poisonous, and especially the berries.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    I am so glad that your little Minnie is okay.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    ok- if we're going to start listing toxic plants- not an issue for people in the north but in the south- Sago Palm..............

KarenCurtis and SRW like this.
  5. SRW

SRW Forums Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2018

Thanks for posting that. I have a place in Florida, and from viewing the pictures I know I've seen that palm in nurseries. I'll make sure never to buy one!

Calliesmom and KarenCurtis like this.
  6. Phoebe'smom

Phoebe'smom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2015
    I think it is wise for every pet owner to have a list of toxic plants. I have been very careful when landscaping the back yard to avoid them, because you never know what these lovable knuckleheads will get into. You would be amazed at just how long that list of plants is. It annoys me that nurseries do not carry warnings on the plant labels.

Ann, jomuir and KarenCurtis like this.
  7. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    That was scary! I’m glad she’ll be okay. Puppies will eat anything. Then give us heart attacks when they get sick off it, little stinkers.

Hanne, Sandy in CT and KarenCurtis like this.
  8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Karen, what a horror, to come and read your thread
    lucky you are a good mom :yes: so nothing happened.
    nice to read that Puppy Minnie is ok now

KarenCurtis likes this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yes, Sir! I salute your orders! Will make sure Liam gets them. He can not be trusted! Puppies need guidance...