Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Weird foods for Shelties

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by DianeP, Jul 8, 2020.

1. DianeP

DianeP Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2019
    Middleton, WI
    What’s the weirdest food your Sheltie was willing to try? Mindy sampled cucumber yesterday. She gave it a mixed review:)

https://flic.kr/p/2jjtdH2

2. Elei

Elei Premium Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Kip loves cucumbers!! I use them as a low calorie treat. He also likes zucchini and papaya.

Calliesmom, Piper's mom and DianeP like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    My dogs will pretty much eat any fruit or veggie. Brooke LOVED lettuce for instance. I also use veggie pieces for treats like Elei to keep the calories down and they love them. Red or yellow bell pepper pieces are favorites here!

4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Della loves cucumber - she gets cucumber and carrot for lunch every day. Actually she'll eat anything that resembles food (see my poop thread!)

Little food obsessed puppy likes raw pumpkin, pumpkin seeds and even eats pumpkin skin (got to stop my support worker giving her the skin, can't be fun to poop back out)

Tully hates all fruit and veg and will only eat veg if it's cooked beyond recognition. Although she thinks broccoli is for bunnies only, cooked or not!

5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Kooper runs and hides like he has secret treasure if you give him a lettuce leaf - he is sheltie related... not sure Brodie has been exposed to anything odd yet.

DianeP, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  6. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oberon loves blackberries, peppers, tomatoes, celery, other berries, and any other food he can get his jaws on. He also has been known to eat pinecones and tree bark.

DianeP, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 3 others like this.
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Why is it when I read this question I had the little voice of Spitfire in my head saying 'veggies are for wusses' and giving me that look! :):p

I have been on this forum for too long!!!

Hanne, mimiretz, DianeP and 5 others like this.
  8. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Zulu love veggies, but he will not touch celery. Everything else at least gets the taste test.

DianeP, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 2 others like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    My dogs are less picky than me:lol:, there's more veggies that they'll eat than I will. And really, they've eaten poo so that pretty much says it all lol

Hanne, RikyR, DianeP and 3 others like this.