Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

We've Lost a Great One: Angus

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by Chris, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Sheltie Nation has lost a great, great Sheltie. Sheep's beloved Angus died yesterday from ingesting rodent poison (not Sheep's doing). Despite Sheep's rapid action in getting him to the vet, Angus lost his battle.

Heaven has to exist, because a Sheltie like Angus can't just vanish. Run in joy, beautiful boy.

Sheep, sending all the love in the world.

2. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Heartbreaking news, so very sad...

3. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    And knowing what I know about Angus heaven is filled with God things to eat and plenty of petting

RikyR, Chris, SheepOfBlue and 3 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I’m still in shock…my heart knows so much joy reading and learning about all the members dogs over the last 7+ years I’ve been a member I’ve felt like I’ve grown to know you all so when something like this happens we all feel that loss. We’re all here for you Sheep should you need it. I will miss reading stories about Angus the goat:cry:

RikyR, Chris, SheepOfBlue and 4 others like this.
  5. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I am heart broken, and cannot find the right words, Angus was very special, and will be missed. :( Sheep we are here if you need us.

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Chris you always know just what to say. We are all grieving with Sheep and Spitfire. What a loss.

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Thank you for posting, Chris. Angus is a huge loss to our Forum family and most of all, of course, to Sheep and Spitfire. We're here for support and comfort and anything else you need, Sheep.

RikyR, Chris, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  8. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Oh my goodness.... I am so very, very sorry for the loss of Angus. What a heartbreak....

RikyR, Chris, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  9. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I am very sorry for Angus' passing. Once upon a long time ago, I had an Australian Shepherd who picked up some bait put down by someone, but I never found out who. Fortunately, Buddy survived but it was a very near thing. When you lose a companion years before their time I think it is extra difficult to cope.

Sandy in CT, RikyR, Chris and 4 others like this.
  10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I STRONGLY doubt this is was malicious or intentional. I know my neighbors and none would do anything like that. In fact I was more worried about JJ Angus pal from the other side of the fence, I had not seen him but I think he is OK. Also searched the yard and no debris or anything so Spitfire is OK.

Sandy in CT, RikyR, Chris and 5 others like this.