Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What's your Sheltie's preference

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Sep 12, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Sandy in CT, Calliesmom and Wendy C like this.
  2. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Willow has such a pretty face, she deserves to get Princess treatment . Cooper right now is getting his groom on top of the washer, but we are getting a grooming table.

Sandy in CT, Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I prefer to groom on the table- I miss less spots that way.
    Destin prefers not to be on the table and the other 3 are fine with it......

GlennR likes this.
  4. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Princess is right!

I don't have a grooming table. But our orange cat, Rusty, took over our island years ago so I have once or twice put Brodie up there to brush him. No, we don't do any food prep or even lay food on that counter - it is 100% Rusty owned and operated - and being a cat, he knocks off anything he feels does not belong on his island ie.... anything you set on it.

I groom Brodie on our family room floor because it is the only carpeted area. I brush him, trim up the hair on his feet, trim his nails, then vacuum.

Brodie has a weird thing about being brushed, but I guess I started it. He has to see and sniff whatever hair comes out of the brush before it goes into the trash. Oh, and his back feet are terribly ticklish! Does Willow have oddities in her grooming routine?

Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  5. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    The only real oddity is she prefers me to brush her teeth as opposed to my wife. I have no idea why. She doesn't love getting her nails clipped but will let me do it, even if she's not exactly happy about it.

Most of the time, in spite of her druthers, I groom her on the table. She lies down for most of it. I brush one side, get her to shift onto the other side, then onto her back and then I finish the brush and comb out by doing her head, neck and chest while she stands. She likes treats along the way, she's always happy to earn more kibble.

Ann, Calliesmom and Sandy in CT like this.
  6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I confess.... I have not done teeth yet. I do give bully sticks regularly. Guess I've gotta start, aye? Eeeewwww - pointers?

GlennR and Calliesmom like this.
  7. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes, for their health we pretty much have to do it for them. Try as she might, Willow can't brush her own teeth properly. She loves the taste of her toothpaste so it's not usually a hardship to do it, 2 to 5 minutes depending on how much Willow tries to dodge the cleaning of her molars.

8. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Adorable. Minnie gets groomed on the kitchen table. Dog hair dinners are the norm around here

Ann, Sandy in CT, Hanne and 1 other person like this.
  9. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    My shelties I had and Buck I have to lay on the floor while the hub holds their body.
    Willow is a gorgeous sheltie.

10. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    So funny and a bit cute :lol: