Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

When it rains, it pours

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Caro, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Just left Tully at the vet. She's been vomiting since the early hours and so they are putting her on a drip. Because it's Saturday the vet closes early so I need to pick her up at 2.30pm and take her to the emergency vet to go on the drip for longer. Poor little Tully is so scared, she remembers what happened to Deska, imagine how frightening it will be for her to be left at the emergency vet - the one where Deska died.

I'm quite worried, I can't go through this again.

Now I have to transfer some $ around to pay for this. The insurance company is being difficult about paying out Deska's claim (so bloody minded - he died, of course he was sick!) so funds are short.

Piper's mom likes this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Oh no Caro! Poor Tully, poor you! Hopefully they can get to the bottom of this quickly!
    Sending you hugs! You and Tully are in my thoughts and prayers.

ghggp likes this.
  3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Poor baby girl.....poor you....
    I hope everything resolves itself quickly

ghggp likes this.
  4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I’m out of town but checked in and saw this. Thinking of you.

5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Oh Caro, how horrible. I hope it's something simple and Tully will be fine tomorrow. I'm thinking of you and sending prayers. I sympathize about the insurance company...they don't make it easy. Give Tully a pat for us and take care of yourself! :hugs

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Vet just rang, it looks like pancreatitis. Thing is, she's on a commercial single protein diet - Salmon and tapioca - so how did she get pancreatitis! She started a new roll of it last weekend (comes in a 2kg roll) and she has been unwell on and off during that time. Given it's the only thing she's been eating, then it has to be that new roll.

Is there a way to get the fat content tested on the remaining contents? This is going to cost around $2000 and of course the stress of going through it. Going to have a few words with the company.

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

Thankfully it sounds like she will be fine in a few days....

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Ann and ghggp like this.
  9. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Poor Tully and you, really hope she will come soon

Could it be triggered by all the stress she has had throughout the terrible process with Deska ?

Caro likes this.
  10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark