Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

When you gotta go and mom ignores you....

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Piper's mom, May 11, 2021.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Good thing Blueberry was able to wait...she sure knows how to let me know when she has to go outside! And here I am videotaping her when she has to pee...bad mom:ROFLMAO:

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Too cute. She reminds me of Meadow, especially the chasing the tail part. She's persistent, all right! MOM! Gotta GO !!!

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Oh my goodness she is cute!!! And developing so beautifully!

I thought Deacon was the only one who chased tails!!!!

Darren and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Jocu is my only sheltie that did the tail chase.....
    poor girl- maybe if she had run to the door and back........

5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Well we were upstairs (it’s a 2 story house) and she’s learnt that she has to bark at me. Unfortunately she also barks at me when I blow dry my hair...the minute I turn it on! You can’t say that’s for a pee, and if I ignore her when I’m drying it she stands on her hind legs and paws my butt!!! She’s quite the brat lol.

Darren, Sandy in CT and Sharon7 like this.
  6. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Coop also does the tail chase if he needs to go and we are trying to hold him off a bit! lol. He runs to the door does the tail chase and runs back and gives you a stare.....like what the heck don’t you understand Sheltie speak? lol

7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Yes, with Blueberry too it’s out of frustration the tail chase. Like I gotta go but since your making me wait I’ll chase my tail! Lol

Darren, Sandy in CT and Sharon7 like this.
  8. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Although Willow doesn't chase her tail she does put her paws on my lap. She stares and if I don't react to let her out, she barks. Willow barks at my wife's use of the blow dryer too.

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Funny thing about the hair dryer, when Meadow was about 4 months old she jumped into a friend's small fish pond (boy was that a surprise to both of us!) I was right there and fished her out, but it was a chilly day so borrowed a towel and took her straight home for a bath. She was shivering like crazy. I had to use the hair dryer on her to get her warm and dry-ish, and to my surprise, she liked it! She didn't react to the sound.

Now when I blow dry my hair she comes running into the bathroom and watches me, but no barking! :yes:

Darren, Piper's mom and Sandy in CT like this.
  10. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I tried the blow dryer on Brodie once, he hated it, acted like I was punishing him. But when I bathe him, his back hair parts like Alfalfa from Little Rascals unless I either come it until dry or blow dry it.

Deacon - who thinks every dog except our 2 is a devil trying to eat him alive, who was afraid to walk by my neighbors white fence (EGADS!!!) until he found out there are two abs crazy Aussie on the opposite side of the street - will run to hubby when he pulls the leaf blower out and stand there with his face in it. He's was also totally un-fizzed when I ran an air compressor in the kitchen, just walked up to it nonchalantly like 'hey, what is this noisy thing? - I look good next to it!'.

I think with Deacon it is social awkwardness. When he isn't quite sure what to do, he will chase his tail.

She is your Queen and you are her Pawn! I showed her videos to hubby and he asked when are we going to get a female? LOL! 3 is enough, I don't need 4!!!!

Darren and Piper's mom like this.