Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Whose Pup's Name Represents A Sport Or Hobby?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Mom2Melli, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Just curious . . .

Cubby is Little Red Caboose -- our train hobby (as is big brother Shay who is a locomotive).

Melody Rose -- my husband is a drummer so she is musical.

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I know Chip belongs to a wood-worker and Oshie (Light the Lamp) is hockey. . . I bet there are tons more.

4. cmae

cmae Forums Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2014
    Kelowna, BC
    Chris loves fast cars.. Cruz is a play on "cruisin'". His registered name is Top Down Cruz'n :biggrin2:

5. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    mine are named for coloring

Before I got Kaleigh-I was going through all the name books. I found this musty old book at the library on Gaelic dog names. Kaleigh means dark-which of course fit. Many variations on spelling-but I settled with this one.

Savannah's mom is really light sable, and she was the only one with the fairer coloring in the litter. She resembles the color of an African savanna(h), I found it spelled both ways, so I included the "h"...Plus the others didn't have the white blaze on the forehead or a total white collar,which make her so pretty.

I really toyed with naming them ebony and ivory just for the fun of it. They "color" my world.

6. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I'm a car snob--and all my pets are named after cars :)

7. Woodbender

Woodbender Forums Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2009
    Grand Rapids (area) Mi.
    Closest we ever got was Chelsea who was named after the "Chelsea Milling Company" who puts out Jiffy Mix Muffins. I know. Corny but that was her claime to fame. :rolleyes2:

8. Woodbender

Woodbender Forums Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2009
    Grand Rapids (area) Mi.
    Now THAT is funny! :razz:

9. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    My new boy, Keiran's, name Run For The Checkers refers to a few different sports/hobbies.

First, the choice of the word run, instead of race, is a nod to my plans to continue running agility with him.

"Checkers" is two-fold in meaning. First, that he's black and white like a checkered flag and seconds my love of NASCAR racing.

10. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Does drinking count as a hobby? :winkgrin: