Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Why does ‘Currently Online’ show robots?

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by jomuir, Jun 29, 2019.

1. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    just like my title, why does the Currently Online box on the Forums homepage say there are 12 robots online? Not to be anti-robots just didn’t know they liked sheltie forums.

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    I know, it's annoying isn't it, me and the robots are often the only ones online during the Australian daytime. I guess they give me some company though! I think most of the bots are web crawlers - analysing and filing information for google and search engines. Can't tell you why this particular software program shows the bots though.

jomuir likes this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    if you only want to see real people on the Current Visitors- choose the members tab

jomuir likes this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Maybe can ask out IT guy??
    Wondered that myself.

I always assumed it was someone reading forum posts but did not create a user ID.

jomuir likes this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Guests are non-registered people checking out our vast wisdom.
    Robots are automated scanners so people can find us when they need our vast wisdom:winkgrin:

ghggp, jomuir, Ann and 2 others like this.
  6. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    It's just the way the software designers designed it. There is no way to sort them out of the calculation.

ghggp and jomuir like this.