Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Winter’s here!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Piper's mom, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Happy day for the dogs today as we woke up to about 6” of snow in the ground! I went to work yesterday in my running shoes and today had to pull out my Sorels!
    The dogs had a blast playing in the snow and trying to attack the snow as I shoveled it (Blueberry and Finnie)…Piper I’d put in the house, he’s a barker when I shovel! By the time I’m done shoveling they’ve managed to get snow back all over the sidewalk I’ve just cleaned!:gaah
    EA4E1B27-9CEC-4A27-8495-3F19DE586C0D.jpeg B3B9667B-6DF6-4FC9-96C6-9A38A882CE09.jpeg 6696615D-ADD9-470D-ADBD-138B1A5BA5E5.jpeg 7C26B980-2F48-4D57-86A0-A63DA9CB0305.jpeg
    I was really really hoping the snow would hold off a few more days, I have a football game to attend on Sunday. Our Canadian Football League are holding the west and eastern conference finals and my team (Winnipeg Blue Bombers ) are trying to 3 peat (they’ve won the last 2 Grey Cups). The cold isn’t enough to keep me away and it’ll certainly make for a more entertaining game!
    Everyone cross your fingers and paws and send positive vibes to my team (it worked last year) winning!!!

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    wow- we are expecting a cold front this weekend but luckily- no snow......................

3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Awesome snow photos that would make my three envious for sure!! Good luck with the football, sounds like you're gonna be a bit chilly watching that!

We just got 1.5 inches of blessed RAIN and I'm thrilled I can turn off my irrigation now.

RikyR, Ann, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  4. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Go Team !! Enjoy your game and beverage of choice :) We got rain today, and Teddy came in soaked but with surprising clean feet. First time in a long time he really enjoyed being towel dried off.
    You can keep the snow, while he enjoys it, all that happens is I fall down and hurt my arse and Teddy stands on top and says"Whatcha doin down here" with his tail wagging a 100 mph

RikyR, Ann, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I hear ya about the dirty paws! I had to take an ex pen and block off their fence window because they got SUCH muddy paws! I guess I could remove it now but their barking is way less if they can’t get to it lol!
    Yes Ron, you have to stay away from icy sidewalks! Me too lol…I suffered a bad bad break (breaks actually) to my arm last February in a slip. I did buy some grippers though and will only wear my Sorels now for work!
    My beverage of choice is actually coffee lol…I don’t drink alcohol (by choice) so I’m hoping the stadium actually has a half decent coffee, plus I want something to keep me warm! The high Sunday is -5 C and we’re row 2 on the home side (30 yard line) so I’m hoping for some residual heat from the big heater/blowers they’ll have for the players! I don’t understand drinking at a football game, just makes you go pee:ROFLMAO:.

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Wow that’s great you got rain! You guys have been so dry!
    I’ll be warm…I’ll dress in layers, a touque (aka a beanie) and a couple scarfs as well as some hot shots (you put them in mitts and they stay warm for hours. Plus it’ll be a west wind and we’re on the west side. We’re bussing it so hopefully we get a win (we’re the favourite) so it’ll be like a party bus! Lol

RikyR, KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Snow? Yikes! the dogs would love it but I haven't winter proofed the chicken coop yet. Was in the process today but have a bit more to go. We have 60's and rain today - getting the remnants of Nicole tonight so it'll get windy. Hope you have a beautiful day for your game!

Sharon7, Piper's mom and Ron Atkinson like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Lucky you! They said we’d get between 5-10 cm’s and we got more than that!

Sandy in CT, Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.
  9. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Weird, we are having winter temps here as well. Very early for 30's at night. Not complaining though! That means rattlesnakes go night-night for awhile!

10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I’ll take the cold over rattlesnakes Margi! That’s one thing I’m grateful we don’t have. The only snakes we have here are Garter snakes lol and not really here in Winnipeg but in Narcisse Manitoba…totally harmless though and that’s the best kind!

Sandy in CT, Ron Atkinson and Sharon7 like this.