Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Winter’s here!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Piper's mom, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I’m still debating it in my head lol…I know my brother in law would come but just trying to figure out best way if I don’t want to drive 6 hours in winter on the highway!

Sandy in CT, RikyR and Ron Atkinson like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    It’s my fault that Finnie goes crazy because like you do with Brodie I also do with Finnie! I will throw the snow sometimes and it becomes this big game of him jumping into it and of course then all the dogs get into it:ROFLMAO:. It doesn’t take them long to learn a bad behaviour and suddenly they think every time I’m shovelling it’s a game again:lol:.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  3. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Go Argos! :)

Sandy in CT and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I have the solution Get a nice hotel the day of the game (daylight) Go enjoy yourself at the game. Come back have a nice meal, get a good night's sleep and come home in the am.
    Mean while get your pups favorite sitter and let them have sleep over :)

Sharon7, Sandy in CT, RikyR and 2 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    GO BOMBERS!!!! Hehehe
    Will be interesting though having Andrew Harris vs Brady Oliveira, Brady was basically a student of Harris for 2 years while Harris was with Winnipeg. I wasn’t happy with him not being signed but I understand they needed to spend wisely so to speak and Harris is getting more prone to injury as he gets older. I have every confidence though that Collaros will play albeit with a very well taped and frozen ankle.
    I am very happy with how our defence shut down BC’s run game, but Andrew Harris is a force!

Sandy in CT and Ron Atkinson like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    I like your plan! It’s the drive (unpredictable weather and highway driving) that worries me and I’ve heard hotel rooms have been basically booked solid for months now. I’m thinking we’ll have a party and watch it in warmth. Should they win we’ll go to our main downtown intersection (it’s a thing here, we shut down the road lol) and party with everyone!

Sharon7, Sandy in CT, RikyR and 2 others like this.
  7. woof

woof Forums Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2008
    northeast
    Mine previous pair loved to attack the shovel monster and bite/ herd the snow I was shoveling-- I had to put them in because I was afraid they would get hit with the shovel but they talked to me and the shovel thru the sliding glass door the whole time-- that snow needed to be herded and they were ready willing a able-- but really truth be told there weren't good at herding snow at all..tho i never told them that. Afterward they did love to come in a sit a respectable distance from the wood stive..but then that is where the whole family was:)

8. woof

woof Forums Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2008
    northeast
    Now that we are talking about snow- how many of you, after the sidewalks, the front and back decks, the path to the wood shed and driveway are cleaned and you are dead tired have to go out and shovel a nice big clear area for the pups to do their business? The nice thing is the next snow fall make it look like nothing has ever happened there, clean and fresh....speaking of which it is snowing now- but no accumulation on this one- yea!!

9. woof

woof Forums Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2008
    northeast
    Mine previous pair loved to attack the shovel monster and bite/ herd the snow I was shoveling-- I had to put them in because I was afraid they would get hit with the shovel but they talked to me and the shovel thru the sliding glass door the whole time-- that snow needed to be herded and they were ready willing a able-- but really truth be told there weren't good at herding snow at all..tho i never told them that. Afterward they did love to come in a sit a respectable distance from the wood stive..but then that is where the whole family was:)

Sandy in CT and Ron Atkinson like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Yup…clean and fresh until that snow melts:ROFLMAO: