Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Winter is coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Piper's mom, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    When it rains it pours! Winter storm here in Manitoba...they were calling for 20-40cms (8-16") but now we're mostly rain with some areas getting the snow. Winds gusting to 80 km/hr!
    No walks this weekend (our Thanksgiving weekend ).
    How's your weather?

JacqueZ, Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    It's pouring here in the US Northeast. We're actually having a Nor'easter but with rain. It's damp and chilly and leaves are pouring off the trees. Makes it a real treasure hunt finding the doggie droppings!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

3. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    All this after a September with record setting rainfall!
    We have a floodway (essentially a big ditch) that surrounds our city (its very flood prone) and for the first time ever they're opening it tonight...always used in the spring but never the fall. Now all this moisture.
    I hear you Ann, most of the leaves are still on the trees and with this wind it's going to blow them off. Very hard to find anything with leaves on the ground...it all looks the same lol!
    Thanks Ann...it'll be a good Thanksgiving if we don't get the snow!

Ann, Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.
  4. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    At the moment the Toronto area is lovely. It was so nice today that Willow and I went off the pathway to lie halfway up a sun covered hill where we laid down in the sunshine on the warm grass. She laid her head on my chest and snuggled in, enjoying the sunshine and quiet. She liked it so much that even when I dragged myself to my feet, Willow just kept lying there.

5. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    If it wasn't so darned expensive to live there I'd move! But I like to live here, crappy weather and all lol.

Sandy in CT and Calliesmom like this.
  6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so we haven't had much rain in weeks......
    some areas in the southeast other than Houston got some rain from Imelda but apparently not here.
    we were supposed to get some rain with the cold front- it did rain in MS but not so much in AL. It did cool off a little though so that's nice......

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    here in CA there are power shutoffs due to high winds. I am fine, but I know people who could be without for 5 days!

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that's insane:eek2:
    we only usually have power issues with tropical weather..........

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Snow!!! Oh nooooo...
    I am certainly not ready for that.

we have been having great weather in MI with temps in the 70’s and light clouds with some sunny patches. Great for walking the dogs. They love this weather!

have been doing outdoor caulking to get ready for winter weather. Hardly any leaves on the ground here. I am sure it will start soon as the overnight temps are getting into the 40’s!

The temps are going to drop to the 50’s this weekend...

Piper's mom likes this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    That is so crazy. I know the fires last year were so traumatic they don’t want a repeat. I am glad I have a generator. I have a koi pond and if I was out of power for 5 days they would all be dead!

I feel bad for people with medical conditions who need power. My mom was on oxygen years ago and needed power for her machine. What are folks supposed to do with out power when they need medical equipment?

Piper's mom likes this.