Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Wondering if a CC T brush would help my brushing fatigue and my wrists

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by KarenCurtis, Jan 10, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Forums Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I'd like to hear from people who have the CC T brush. I don't look forward to Spring brushing, it takes so long and I experience fatigue, especially in my wrist and arm. Chris Christensen only makes the 27mm and the 16mm T brushes, so I'm thinking the 16mm is the same length as the pins on my brush. The brush I have has pins under one inch, I had two 27mm brushes and the pins were too long, and too soft. One brush broke in Sandstorms pants, lol. I like the Mars brush I have- it works well, so I will keep it, maybe my husband would like it when I make him brush the new future puppy. What do you all think? Thanks

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I have one, Karen, and absolutely love it -- had it for 13 years! When I was having a rough time with fibromyalgia, which started in my thumb joints, I could still work that 16 mm brush. Something that also helped was RealTime lotion for the pain. Sounds like snake oil, but it really works. Just google it.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    My sister has fibromyalgia, that can be painful. My problem is mostly wrist fatigue. Thanks for the info, I'll probably buy one. And apparently they last long too!

4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I have the T brush from CC too, Karen. It's by far my favorite and the most comfortable to use. Doing six Shelties weekly, that's an endorsement! I love my Madan pin brushes, but the T brush is the one I reach for most often. I'm thinking of getting a second one to keep as a spare. I do think you would find it more comfortable than a traditional style.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thank you Ann. Six shelties? That is an endorsement! Do you have the 16mm or the 27mm?

6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I have the shorter one...the 16mm. That's been perfect for me.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I don't have CC T brush but I do have a CC 16mm pin brush and I love it. Reading all these endorsements of the T brush though makes me think I'll want to buy one this spring at an upcoming show!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  8. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, I find the shorter pins easier also!