Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Would like to adopt female spayed sheltie

Discussion in 'Adopt a Sheltie' started by Selena Wohlslagel, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Selena Wohlslagel

Selena Wohlslagel Forums Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2021
    We live in Ft Myers FL but will drive to adopt a little girl sheltie in Florida.we are covid-19 neg. We have a male sheltie, Luke Skywalker, neutered.i can't imagine life without one and two is even better.my husband and I are in good health and we make sure our fur babies are too as well as the health of our adult Son. He lives on his own.but grew up with shelties and loves them too. We make sure our pets get the best health care and keep them as safe as we can.i walk the ground before Luke does to make sure no snakes. We have porch Air Con and are getting ready to create a fenced in outdoor safe area for full fresh air and sunshine and play for Luke and us too. We will drive anywhere in Florida to get her. Luke will be with us.

KarenCurtis, Piper's mom and Darren like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Selena, it sounds like you would give a wonderful home to a little Sheltie gal. Google and check out Mid Florida Sheltie Rescue ...they have several nice looking spayed females available. Good luck in your search and welcome to Sheltie Nation.

Trini

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Hanne, Ann, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  3. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    Thank you. Will do Trini

4. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    Thank you again so much

5. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    wow it looks like you'll be able to give her THEEEE most perfect home! I hope you are able to find her and I look forward to reading about your new adventures together :)

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Another vote for Mid-Florida rescue - I had been in contact some years ago with the lady who runs it, I believe her name is Barbara. We donated to a Sheltie she had rescued that had huge medical needs. She was extremely nice and dedicated to the breed. Good luck - Shelties are a lot more common out your way than here on the West coast.

RikyR, Piper's mom, Hanne and 3 others like this.
  7. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    No luck so far on adoption of female sheltie to be little Luke Skywalker's princess. Bummer!

Piper's mom likes this.
  8. Selena Wohlslagel

Feb 10, 2021
    We are fully vaccinated and so is little Luke. We also carry health insurance on him. Trupanion! And his Princess would have that too. We believe it's very important to have them up to date on vaccines and heartworm and flea and tick control. It's especially important in SW Florida. Hurricanes happen and leave an oceans worth of standing water for mosquitoes to breed in. Eewww. And fleas and ticks are also a big issue in the South. I am over protective of him just like I am of his adult human brother Big Smile! It's just love but his human brother finds it annoying lol

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Mid Florida Sheltie Rescue needs foster homes!!!
    We have found ourselves in the need of Fosters. We have taken in 10 shelties that need some help until their furever home can be found. If you have the room in your house and heart to help with one or two of these guys, Please let me know. If you have never fostered before please go to the link below and fill out a foster app so we know about you and your home so we can make the best fit.

Foster Application Link

I can't thank you enough. We could not do all we do without the help of great people like you.
    Sincerely,
    Barbara Davis
    MFSR

Selena Wohlslagel and Sharon7 like this.