Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

3yr. old in HIGH KILL SHELTER IN CA.

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by dawns2shelties, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Noneeds4me

Noneeds4me Forums Enthusiast

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    I just did a google for her and her husband Tony and wow..they've been heavily into animal rescue for awhile now. It's really pretty awesome what they have done. Simply incredible people.

2. sheltiemom4

sheltiemom4 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 22, 2011
    Middletown, OH
    ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!!! I have been following all of this and both Dawn's deserve a pat on the back. You ladies are AMAZING!!!!!!!:razz::razz:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    A HUGE sigh of relief here!! Wow, 40 dogs.... I am speechless. That's a huge effort. Adding my thanks to both Dawns for going above and beyond for Whiskey. And to Elaine for bailing out FORTY other dogs. It just gives you hope for the world, doesn't it??? :yes:

4. Noneeds4me

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    Was Our Boy Released, Or Not?

I just saw on Dawn's FB page that this boy was not released afterall and will be held til the 18th.. Is this accurate? I thought he was pulled with all the others yesterday? The post says it was made only 3 hours ago.

5. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    SSR's website says that he was found to be microchipped.
    apparently that extends his time by 10 days at the shelter waiting to be claimed/trying to locate owners.

SSR has a hold on him in the meantime.
    Hopefully he gets turned over to the rescue on schedule, but it is a shame he has to be in the shelter for so long :(

6. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    From Southand Sheltie Rescue FB Group:

The sheltie (Whisky) at the Davore shelter is still there, yesterday(9-7) they found he was microchipped, and now will be holding him yet another 10 days while they try to reach his owners. <sigh> We have a hold on him. Judi Barry, Southland Sheltie Rescue, Inc

Too bad he's still there but fingers crossed that they find his people. Would be so nice if they were just separated and didn't abandon him!

7. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    That seems like a long mircochip hold. Ours is the stray period.

8. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    You would think they would have looked for a microchip when they got whisky.

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I am overjoyed! Wiskey, it won't be long before you're either reunited with your long-lost family...or back safe with SSR.

Elaine, you are a Sheltie Goddess. What heart. Go Cardinals!!

10. Noneeds4me

Feb 12, 2009
    Southern California
    Well..we know he'll be okay one way or the other with so many people watching out for him. Just as long as the right hand know's what the left hand is doing, and he doesn't get lost in the shuffle of hands. It's so darn hot out there...I wish they had air-conditioned kennels for them ;-(. I'm sure he has shade though and plenty of water.