Recent content by mxt161

  1. M

    Shelties and Canoes

    Hi Jan It's a Buoy Boy made by Protexion Products inc. I bought it in a pet shop who specialize in sport products. It's important to try the size with your dog to be confortable. Chanelle needed a small vest.
  2. M

    Shelties and Canoes

    I do with Chanelle regularly on a sit on top kayak and she enjoy the ride a lot :)<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmichel.thibodeau.716%2Fposts%2F1614619162074663&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="497"...
  3. M

    Too brave?

    Go for it :):) Did my first agility trial last weekend after finishing pre-novice class. It was a novice standard and jumper runs. I did some mistakes, so what, it was fun and a wonderful experience for Théo and me. Peoples were friendly and helped me a lot.I just register for a new trial in April.
  4. M

    Happy 10th Birthday Avery!

    That's what i love about senior sheltie, young at heart :) :) :) Happy Birthday Avery :)
  5. M

    Agility Class for my Shy Sheltie

    In Théo group there was 2 smalls dogs and one big airedale terrier. He was more afraid of the big one. It took a good 4 sessions before becoming more relax. I was not sure if i was doing the good thing. Now he is ignoring the airedale and concentrate on learning. I always bring goods threats to...
  6. M

    Agility Class for my Shy Sheltie

    For Théo who is very shy, Agility was the best thing for him. The first course was difficult because he was afraid of all the others participants. The instructor had to stay away from us. But now he is like a kid going to play at the park. It's never enough and he is becoming very good compare...
  7. M

    Car anxiety leads to vomiting

    Miko is food motivated too. No problem if you can start with very short drive to exciting place. Me it was a field 2 miles from home where Miko can play frisbee. When he was more relax, the drive to get there was slowly longer using different road. After a year we went to Florida (1600 miles)...
  8. M

    Car anxiety leads to vomiting

    Reconditioning worked for me. Miko was always sick when he was young. It took 3 months. Now it's the sheltie dance of excitement every time we go for a ride :)
  9. M

    We now have two shelties from Texas

    I had the same experience with a rescue sheltie boy name Bouscotte. He was so afraid of everything that we call him Bou! Bou!:biggrin2: At first, I sit next to him on the floor reading sheltie forum in the room he have adopted. I used his bowl of food moving it each day closer to the living...
  10. M

    Dickens and the smoke alarm

    Hi. I know these alarms are necessary but here in Quebec they have to be connected in new building to the electrical circuit of the house. My Miko is not afraid of thunder storm but every time the power flash, the alarm bip and he run in the basement to hide. Poor little guy, I tried everything...
Back
Top