A brief visit and update from Ireland

spjoap

Forums Regular
Hi have been very busy with work and again with shows so have noot been online.
So we now have a third Sheltie dog, Benjie and he is a cute little man, Alpha has not coated up well this year and neither has Pippa but we still go to shows for the fun and the laughter.
I hope I have attached a few phototgraphs for you to see

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/spjoap/Walk044.jpg
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/spjoap/Walk039.jpg
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/spjoap/Walk008.jpg
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu3/spjoap/SouthWicklowShowMay2010049.jpg
 
Beautiful pictures! I'd love to hear more about your dogs; they look very happy and well groomed. I'm impressed with the 5-dogs-at-a-time walk. I can do two (most of the time) but if I tried with my five Emma would tie me in knots with the leash while Indy slept on my feet and tripped me and Figaro would knock me down and then Newton and Sasha would just lick me, lol.
 
I love the photo where they are all bunched together in front of you.. That's a lot of fur! I used to dog sit and walk multiple dogs together. It was always challenging I must say.
 
Many of the Shelties are Sable, they and Tri are the most favoured colours about. Hopefully by Christmas we will have two more Sables, and many be another Tri.
We like Shelties :smile2:
 
Tell the boss to pass on the art of walking 5 calm dogs who all know each other! My two are so silly walking together, add one of their little buddies and they generally run amok.
 
Normally the three show dogs walk on the left as thats what they do in the ring and the othe two have it sorted themselves, Border Collie on left and to the right of him the cross so you go from left to right Sheltie, Sheltie, Sheltie, Collie, Cross.
We have taken the border collie and cross to behavior classes with a bit of success but I really believe it is what you impart down the lead, if you are nervous the dogs will know and will act up, if you are confident they know who is boss.
 
very pretty pups- excellent walking job :smile2:
I have discovered that three is my limit- maybe when Cranpup is a little older and walks better on leash:winkgrin:
 
Back
Top