A new doggie barrier!

SunChaser

Forums Enthusiast
I finally have had it with my dogs attacking the fence in the back to get at that schnauzer that lives on the other side. There are holes in the hedgerow and every time I plant a young bush in that area they kill it by trampling it to death. So yesterday morning I went to Lowes and bought fifty feet of 28" galvanized webbed wire fencing and some short posts with tie downs and spent the day putting in new shrubs and erecting a fence around that area to keep the scamps out! I must say those dogs are respecting that new fence like it's always been there... Good doggers!!! The fence is low enough that I can step over it when I need to weed or trim the bushes on the back side so it's not going to be in my way.

Ellie is checking out the new barrier.. If you look to the right of the big bush you can just see the new shrubs I planted in there. They are so little I was afraid they wouldn't last a week with the dogs out there mixing it up with the Schnauzer. By next fall they will be about three feet tall because things grow like crazy here in the summer.
Hedgerowfencing001.jpg


Just some shots of the fence. I only fenced the area where my dogs have access to the other dog. it was way too much to do the whole back hedgerow. That is 115' of fence line... I only did 44'.
Hedgerowfencing005.jpg

Hedgerowfencing004.jpg


Hugs to all
 
thats a good idea! I should do that to keep my pups from trampleing my strawberries. I have them in a raised bed, but Belle and Sam think its fun to jump up there and run through the plants :mad:
 
Great idea! When I had Dorian, he LOVED tomatoes and would do anything to get to the bushes, so we had to do something too. The raised beds, did not work, as he would just jump up and help himself. We put up a little fence too, but your looks great, much better than ours did! LOL.
 
Whew that looks like that was work, and it looks great! Those little furkids aren't going to pass your line either (love your sheltie looking). Mine scatter mulch running through, and I think WHY does that attract you?
 
Back
Top