A reminder

corbinam

Moderator
Yesterday a man named Dennis Murphy passed away. If anyone remembers, I posted about him several months ago. I met him maybe a year ago at an agility trial, and was absolutely in awe of his relationship with his dog. Namely, because despite the fact that he had Lou Gehrig's disease, he was a wonderful competitor, and amazing to watch.

When I met him, he was competing in a segway, and as his condition worsened, he competed in a wheelchair. However, he and his dog, Bodhi, were an amazing team to watch.

The distance and teamwork that the two had was awe-inspiring.

Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

And remember, every day that you and your dog are healthy enough to step up to the start line, is a great day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFw5P7kAAAg
 
Ashely, I couldn't even watch the entire video. I couldn't see through my tears. I am thinking how said the doggie must be that his/her best friend is gone.

I'll be sending good thoughts out to his family and loved ones.
 
I'm sorry for his passing. I'm sure he was very inspirational to everyone he met. I will keep his family and friends in my thoughts.
 
Actually every day is a great day. There was days that many would have quit and yet he continued. In doing so he seems to have brought joy to others and likely himself. I see someone who lived start to end doing what he loved challenges and all, that was a blessed life despite the camouflage of the wheelchair :wink2:

RIP
 
Actually every day is a great day. There was days that many would have quit and yet he continued. In doing so he seems to have brought joy to others and likely himself. I see someone who lived start to end doing what he loved challenges and all, that was a blessed life despite the camouflage of the wheelchair :wink2:

RIP

Very well said!
 
I am always amazed with these types of people who do not allow any sort of ailment to stop them from what they love doing best.

He is definitely an amazing man with an equally amazing dog.
 
For every whiner there is someone like that and guess which one smiles. There is a fellow I see at the track that cannot walk so his answer was to add some self retracting arms to keep the bike upright when he stops and pull up when he is underway. I am faster but he has just as much fun. There is another fellow that has a damaged hand that he clips on to the handlebar again he has just as much fun (but he can slaughter me on speed). The real lesson is if you chose to life can be enjoyed far more often than to many believe. Smile it won't make your day worse :wink2:
 
Back
Top