Adding Green Tripe to Kibble

Oatie

Forums Novice
So Baelish's schedule is all over the place. I'm not for sure how his sleep/eating schedule is so out of whack considering we wake up at 9am and won't go to bed until late, like around 12.

He doesn't really wake up to eat until 4pm. He really refuses to eat until then, unless it's treats. I'm concerned if he's eating as much as he should. I feed him about a cup and a half a day of Proplan salmon and rice 30/20 formula. I'm wanting to add green trip to his food; Ive read how nutritious it is, and how dogs love it. Maybe it'll get him more excited to eat. Does anyone have any advice or knowledge on adding green tripe to kibble?
 
It's important to put your puppy on a schedule for his own good, and your sanity. If he's eating 1 1/2 cups a day, that should be plenty for him. We feed puppies 1/2 cup three times a day. They really need to eat more often until they're five to six months old. Be careful adding too many things ... if he's eating enough of a quality food, he's getting the nutrition he needs. At the most, I would add a good puppy supplement to his food. I like foods with no fillers, wheat, corn, byproducts -- I admit I'm not a fan of ProPlan, but that's another discussion.

I would cut down on the treats if you're concerned he isn't eating enough. They train us easily to feed them what THEY want and not what they need, LOL. If you want to treat him in between meals, use pieces of his kibble.

Establishing a regular feeding schedule will also help you regulate his elimination schedule, and he'll learn to go after meals, and not at random times. This will make your life a lot easier!
 
It's important to put your puppy on a schedule for his own good, and your sanity. If he's eating 1 1/2 cups a day, that should be plenty for him. We feed puppies 1/2 cup three times a day. They really need to eat more often until they're five to six months old. Be careful adding too many things ... if he's eating enough of a quality food, he's getting the nutrition he needs. At the most, I would add a good puppy supplement to his food. I like foods with no fillers, wheat, corn, byproducts -- I admit I'm not a fan of ProPlan, but that's another discussion.

I would cut down on the treats if you're concerned he isn't eating enough. They train us easily to feed them what THEY want and not what they need, LOL. If you want to treat him in between meals, use pieces of his kibble.

Establishing a regular feeding schedule will also help you regulate his elimination schedule, and he'll learn to go after meals, and not at random times. This will make your life a lot easier!

Sorry for such a late response! Yes, I don't like ProPlan either. I just have him on it because its what his breeder fed them, and I didn't want adding new food and possible tummy aches to the stress of being in a new home so soon. I figured out why Baelish wasn't wanting to eat his food so much. He's teething pretty bad, but as soon as I wet it down with warm water he gobbled it down. I guess the kibble was too hard on his gums. He's on a good schedule now. After a lot of kibble research I'll be switching him to Fromm shortly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ann
Back
Top