HopeShelties
Forums Enthusiast
This past weekend was the Agility Club Of Evansville's agility trial heald in Princeton Indiana. I of course took Athena.... and it was Kai's first agility trial!!! Both girls did well, though Kai accomplished more than Athena.
The first day, Athena Q'd in open fast, and won the class, giving her her second open fast leg. Kai Q'd and took second in novice jumpers (spent 10 seconds fussing at me at the weave poles). Then in standard, she got it together, Q'd, and won the class.
The second day, Athena Q'd in open fast, won the class, and got her open fast title! She didn't Q in standard or jumpers- off course at a discrimination in standard, and a popped pole weaving in jumpers (20" weaves :/ ). Kai Q'd and won jumpers, and Q'd and won standard.
The last day, Athena didn't Q in standard (issues with 20" weaves this weekend- can't wait until all poles must be 24"s), but did Q in jumpers. It wasn't our fastest run ever, but we still came away with third place. Kai didn't Q in jumpers (got an off course due to needing a front cross after the weaves, and I couldn't get it), but did Q and won the class in standard, and came away with her novice standard title!
All in all, a good weekend. Of course, I wish Kai hadn't off coursed the last time in jumpers so we could title there too, but 5/6 certainly isn't bad. She ran a couple jumpers runs doing 5YPS. This is a 12" dog, and still is not giving me the speed I get at home. This is going to be one heck of a competitive 12" dog. I also wish Athena had gotten more Qs in standard and jumpers, but in excellent, you can't be any less than perfect, and my dog just is not happy doing the 20" weave poles.
I leave again this Friday for our next trial at Queen City. I'm fully expecting Kai to get her jumpers title. She is an extremely solid dog, and novice courses are nothing for her. Queen City fortunately has the 24" weaves
The first day, Athena Q'd in open fast, and won the class, giving her her second open fast leg. Kai Q'd and took second in novice jumpers (spent 10 seconds fussing at me at the weave poles). Then in standard, she got it together, Q'd, and won the class.
The second day, Athena Q'd in open fast, won the class, and got her open fast title! She didn't Q in standard or jumpers- off course at a discrimination in standard, and a popped pole weaving in jumpers (20" weaves :/ ). Kai Q'd and won jumpers, and Q'd and won standard.
The last day, Athena didn't Q in standard (issues with 20" weaves this weekend- can't wait until all poles must be 24"s), but did Q in jumpers. It wasn't our fastest run ever, but we still came away with third place. Kai didn't Q in jumpers (got an off course due to needing a front cross after the weaves, and I couldn't get it), but did Q and won the class in standard, and came away with her novice standard title!
All in all, a good weekend. Of course, I wish Kai hadn't off coursed the last time in jumpers so we could title there too, but 5/6 certainly isn't bad. She ran a couple jumpers runs doing 5YPS. This is a 12" dog, and still is not giving me the speed I get at home. This is going to be one heck of a competitive 12" dog. I also wish Athena had gotten more Qs in standard and jumpers, but in excellent, you can't be any less than perfect, and my dog just is not happy doing the 20" weave poles.
I leave again this Friday for our next trial at Queen City. I'm fully expecting Kai to get her jumpers title. She is an extremely solid dog, and novice courses are nothing for her. Queen City fortunately has the 24" weaves
Last edited:
They just now have started using the 24 inch poles here and Sting did awesome on them.To bad you couldn't come here and so the Thanksgiving Cluster in Mass.It is the largest agility trial in the country with 4 rings and you certainly would have a ton of tough competition in the 12 inch group.Good Luck next week.