Agility Games - Snooker

Gratuitous plug for Tully doing agility.

You can watch our 2nd place run in Snooker on the weekend (we are second running on the video)! My instructor won with her cavalier (she ran after me). I didnt realise you could do the coloured obstacles more than once - obviously my instructor did as she did the tunnel twice and trumped us by 2 points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ewhaBpwXQ
 
Congrats! I'll have to watch the video later since I can't get YouTube at work.

You'll know for next time that you can do an obstacle more than once. Second by 2 points is not bad at all.
 
Since I'm doing CPE soon, I wanted to make sure I understand.

FIRST you do the red/blue combo 3 times (collecting points as you go along) THEN you do whatever sequence you want to collect more points. Then head to the finish when they whistle you for time.

Is that about right?
 
Not quite.

Snooker has 2 segments - Opening and Closing.

In the Opening, you have to take a Red jump then any other color except a Red. You do this 3 times:
Red -> Color
Red -> Color
Red -> Color​

It doesn't matter what color you take as long as its not a Red. The points for an obstacle is equal to the number on the flag. There are other rules regarding what do to if you fault on something but the judge will review that.

If you look at my current video, I do a Red, then a Pink, then a Red, then a Brown, then a Red, then a Brown again then move to the closing.


In the Closing, you run the course from 2 to 7 in numeric order as you would a Standard course.


The general strategy is to find a best path from Red -> Color -> Red -> Color -> Red -> Color - 2 -3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - Table so you maximize both the points you collect in the opening and your time on the course.
 
Back
Top