Agility Games

HopeShelties

Forums Enthusiast
A friend and I are looking to put together an agility league this winter to keep everyone in my area show ready, considering the top two trainers are out for the winter (mine has outdoor only training, and needs some time off), the other is having her new facility built, so is out until it's finished.
I'm planning 13 weeks of league competition, which would take everyone through to the March Cluster, which is about when classes will start back. I'm planning to do a different game/course type each week. I have 10 weeks worth of games/course types, but am in need of three more. I'd prefer not to repeat a game/course type, so I was hoping some of you may know of other games that would be fun to do in a league competition. I've got games/course types from AKC, CPE, NADAC, and USDAA. When dealing with fast/gamblers, which are similar, I chose to go with fast, as I am much more familiar with AKC and its' rules than the other venues, so it is easier for me to use it. same applies to standard and jumpers.
Here's what I've got:
1 standard (AKC)
2 fast (AKC)
3 snooker (USDAA)
4 colors (CPE)
5 wildcard (CPE)
6 fullhouse (CPE)
7 jumpers (AKC)
8 relay (USDAA)
9 steeplechase (USDAA)
10 tunnelers (NADAC) *pending I can get enough tunnels brought
If you know of any I can use for weeks 11, 12, and 13 please post them :) Rules online for how the game is played would be appreciated.
We can't do weavers... no way to have enough weave poles
 
TDAA (Teacup) takes their games from The Clean Run Book of Agility Games. According to the write up, it the book has 125 different agility games from different venues around the world. That should be more than enough games to keep you busy for a few weeks. :lol:

Teacup also has the instructions (and sample courses) for some of their games on their website under the "Judges Briefings" section, http://www.k9tdaa.com/TDAAJudgesBriefings.htm.

By the way, my post about the Teacup trial I was in recently includes some basic information about the games Twelve-Tone Row (http://www.k9tdaa.com/documents/Judges Briefings/Twelve Tone Row - Judges Recertification.pdf), Group Choice (http://www.k9tdaa.com/documents/Jud...g Club - Rapid City SD - Jan 13 -14 2007.pdf), and Touch 'n Go (http://www.k9tdaa.com/documents/Judges Briefings/Touch N Go - Bud Smith.pdf). Our premium also has some basic instructions about those games. I can try to get that information for you. (If you want to see those games in action, take a look at the videos I posted.) We also did a Pairs Jumpers which was basically USDAA's Pairs game but on a Jumpers course. (By the way, the way our Teacup judge played Twelve-Tone Row was a little different than the instructions on TDAA's website.)
 
Last edited:
Great! I'll look into using some of those games. It did help to see your videos, as I've not done TDAA (can't afford to compete at the level I want to compete at in more than one venue) and am not too familar with how some of the games were played.
I think it's going to be a lot of fun... not only will it keep people show ready for spring (a lot of people here take the winter off for lack of good classes to take in the winter), but it'll also be a good opportunity to learn about, and try different games from different venues. I think it'll also help to include everyone, as there are people who compete in each different venue around here, so there would be something for everyone.
 
Sharon do they have any kind of rules posted for it? I've heard it's been tested at a trial, but haven't actually seen it
danis thanks I'll have a look at theirs as well and see if they can't somehow be incorporated
 
Agility

Our trial secretary had the rules posted on her website and just took it down.They ran it at a trial in NY in August. I will be at the Thanksgiving Cluster tommorrow and will ask Noreen (our trial secretary) if she can forward me the rules.I am going to the Cluster sick as a dog. I have in the bed since Saturday and if I had not pre-paid for Sting's microchip I would stay home.Plus two of Sting's siblings are making thier debut and I want to see them. I am sad Sting will not make his debut with his siblings but he just is not ready.We have been thinking about heading to Perry, Ga. in March and doing their trial and I have family there so it would be fun and also still considering the AKC Nationals.:smile2:
 
Back
Top