Agility is good for dogs

I read the articles on her web site. I agree that she is amazing. I would love to see her run her dogs at a trial. I also love the look of the PyrSheps. I don't know that I could handle one, though. Phebe kicks my butt already.
 
I know alot of dogs that grew up playing agility and obedience with their owners. They played until they couldn't anymore some until they were 13 or 14yrs. After they retired they seemed to lose that spark. Can you imagine doing something from the time you were 8 wks old and suddenly stopping not because you couldn't but because someone told you you were too old. I p;an on playing with my dogs until they tell me they are done.

Justice refuses to be left at home when the girls go to agility class. He runs alittle does some jumps and has a ball. Obedience is his love and he will do it til he is old and gray. Even if its not in the formal ring.
 
No kidding! I've actually started working out so I don't collapse on the course.:lol:

Ditto. My instructor said she had to hire a sports trainer to teach her how to run correctly. I may need that number soon. LOL.

Thanks for the articles. It makes sense. I mean, I grew up jump roping, playing hopscotch, doing all kinds of activities and stuff. And although I had knee issues when I was in high school, I have come to realize, I'm about 60lbs overweight, and I have no knee problems. It's like my body is okay with the stress of the weight.

So, does this mean I need to get Miko more active? Am I doing him an injustice of allowing him to be a couch potato (although, he seems to like that more than taking a walk). Hmmm....will need to rethink his lifestyle.
 
Back
Top