Agility Take 1

corbinam

Moderator
Hi guys!
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice about getting Bentley more motivated. We're still working on running towards the target (it's definitely more of a trot right now!), but we're getting there. Getting him excited with a chase really seems to be working. The next step is getting him to redirect all his energy towards the course. I thought I'd share some of the pictures from our training this week. (There are 3 at the end of the album). I know it's just the beginning, but I appreciate your help!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2268680&l=61b39&id=12600332
 
Bentley looks as though he is having fun - and that's the way to go. I especially like the face-on photo of your boy jumping. By the way, all the other pictures are great!
 
"Yawn..way too much energy required." Annie Laurie, resting against my arm.

For me -- Wow -- what a Sheltie:biggrin2:!!!
 
Thanks, guys! Bentley just turned one in July...we've done obedience stuff until now, so this is uncharted territory. He's typically a calm dog, so we'll see how all this drive stuff ends up. :)
 
One word of advice, watch the jump height, it shouldn't be more than 6 inches until he's a year and a half old when he's stopped growing. This ensures that he doesn't hurt any growing bones or muscles.

Really nice photos though!
 
Agility

For all of you that are in the Mass., New Hampshire area Nov.21st thru the 24th at the Big E Fairgrounds will be the largest agility trial in the country and there will be breed and obedience also.Agility and Breed are in the Mallory building.Shadow and I are entered Fri. and Sunday.
 
Back
Top