Agility

For Shadow it means switching leads on the flat to pull him away from an off course jump, or tunnel or whatever obstacle I dont want him to take. It is great to use if you have a fast dog also. I learned it from Joan Myer.
 
For Shadow it means switching leads on the flat to pull him away from an off course jump, or tunnel or whatever obstacle I dont want him to take. It is great to use if you have a fast dog also. I learned it from Joan Myer.

I've never heard of it. I try not to use call offs, I always work to tell them what to do rather then what not to do. I never really thought of training a call off cue :)
 
switch or turn

I know what Sharron means as I know her and have seen Shadow run. I, too, have never used *switch* although J-man knows to turn left as my que word is *turn* but to come to me - per see - his que word is his name shortened to just *J*. I think this is what Sharron uses it for from what I can tell. Obviously, to me, it is done on a rear cross. And Shadow has allot of distance on him ....... so she uses it to her advantage.

Anne Morrison & The Southern Sheltie Wrecking Crew
*CASEY* Casey-Talbot of Welchshire HSAs, NA, NAJ, CDX
*ADDY* Aberdeen's Addy Bet-U-Can MX, MXJ, CD
*GABRIEL* Gladjoy Star of Wonder HSAs, MX, MXJ, CD
*J-MAN* Himark Bi-Express Delivery MX, MXJ
*ACE* Himark Ace of Spades (puppy in training) :wink2:
 
Mine isn't switch, but here. I also use turn to send her the opposite way on a rear.
We've also been working on left and right for the tunnel. My friend got an extra ugly excellent fast course recently where it was jump, teeter, then a tunnel with the incorrect entrance pointing right at the teeter, which was already something like 20 feet out, and the correct end, which was pointing at quite an angle away from the teeter somewhere around 25 feet out. Her dog actually made the jump, and teeter, and actually took that tunnel 20 feet away from her, but she wasn't able to push him out to that far out end. It's where the left tunnel, and right tunnel will come in handy. If she'd had those commands before that class, he could've potentially earned it.... so we've decided that should be a command our dogs should have.
 
I agree on directionals (left,right) it comes in handy. That was the second thing I taught Sting was his left and right.A perfect example was my last trial where it was a jump dogwalk and left tunnel and the finish line and I sent Shadow over the jump and told him to walk it(his command for dogwalk) and touch and then yelled left tunnel and go on for the finish.He was over the finish line and I had to catch up with him.We got a 4th place.
 
left & right

Well my friend Sharron knows me ....... I couldn't remember left and right while running a course if I tried .......:no: but for some odd reason *turn* to my 1st agility dog, Addy, meant to go away from me and their name, usually, shortened meant I need you to come towards me or I need your attention. It may be the obedience person in me as I do show in that venue as well. I can sent Jet directly forward to a jump and without moving tell him to *jump-turn* and he will go left ....... send him over the same jump and tell him him *jump-J* (shortened name) and he will go right. This is all without me moving at all. After all that is when I started training my rear crosses. I would do the flat work first. When I was Ct. for the last 2 yrs showing in agility with Sharron, while allot between our states was much the same, I did see differences in termanology and in actuality in strategies. Totally interesting~
 
Back
Top