Agility

Sharon

Forums Sage
I was watching abunch of agility videos on Agility Vision and all the trials are in Calif. and some of the lady handlers wear skirts to run(not skorts).Not all of them but some.
 
Why would someone want to do that? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Here, the only time I see people running in skirts is if the agility trial is a multi-venue show, and someone is going between the agility ring, and conformation ring. It's something else watching someone run a dog in a skirt suit with dress shoes and panty hoes on :x
 
Must be a Calif. thing. We have a girl that moved from Calif. to the new england area and once in awhile she will wear one. I think it is funny.
 
Why would you want to run in a skirt - how uncomfortable. It would be hard to see a small dog working close if you have a skirt on. When I started agility I remember being told not to wear skirts, long shirts or loose jackets or tops as it obstructs the dogs view and your own of the dog and there is always a risk of tripping over the dog.
 
If I wore a skirt, not only would it limit mobility, but I think Bentley would rather prefer biting and herding the skirt to actually doing the obstacles!
 
Hmmmm, if I ever trial in California, I may consider wearing a skirt.

NOT!!!! :winkgrin:

I let Phebe wear her Halloween costume to class. She ran a couple of sequences as SuperPhebe, but it was freaking out one of the other dogs, so I took it off her.
 
If I wore a skirt, not only would it limit mobility, but I think Bentley would rather prefer biting and herding the skirt to actually doing the obstacles!

OMG - you are so right, Deska would do that too! Last weekends trial I wore some capri pants with drawstrings around the legs, bad move Deska spent way too much time trying to grab the drawstrings as I was running. Needless to say, DQ.
 
Can you clarify if the skirts were long and flowy? Or shorter?

I'm in CA (I hate skirts btw). And granted, I've been to 3 trials in my life, but I don't ever recall seeing the women wear skirts. Shorts, capri's, pants, yes. Skirts? No.

however, most women that do wear skirts here (southern cali), they're typically shorter in nature. Above knee length. They can be trendy and puffy/flowy, or business types (more fitted).

When I play golf, I wear skorts. IMHO, they are 100x more comfortable than capris or pants (especially if I'm running - on that note, they do have actual running skorts and that was popular for awhile, or still is).

Just some thoughts from a Californian. Don't knock us...we can trial year round...outdoors :P Oh and it was 78 this past weekend on the course (golf and agility). So bleah to you. Hehehe.
 
If I wore a skirt, not only would it limit mobility, but I think Bentley would rather prefer biting and herding the skirt to actually doing the obstacles!

I was thinking Diva would do the same.:biggrin2: Think Schutzhund Sheltie. :lol: Ember would freak out and take off. She doesn't like things flapping near her head. :eek2:
 
Back
Top