Agility

Sharon

Forums Sage
When you first started out in agility what do you remember most your instructor repeating to you? I remember always hearing your "Leaning" stand up. Look where your feet are pointed.:biggrin2:
 
Stand up! :lol:

I don't hear that so much any more. What I hear a lot now is "Keep your eye on your dog." and "Hold your ground a little longer, until he's committed to X obstacle."
 
I remember getting fussed at a lot about the line I was setting for my front crosses :x Probably *not* something most novice people just starting out hear too much of.
A little background info... We'd worked for 4 months in very much beginner classes, went to our first trial, got into open, and when we went to sign up elsewhere (for lack of more advanced classes at the one place) I ended up in the open/excellent class, probably well before we were ready... There was a very steep learning curve, which fortunately I was able to push myself and catch up to that class. By the time 2009 rolled around, I truly belonged in there with the excellent people, and mid-year, moved up to join the masters class...
 
I think I heard: "you just blind crossed your dog" and "keep your eye on the dog".

Nowdays, I am hearing again, "what are the 3 rules of front crosses" and "keep your arm up".

lol.
 
I remember stand up,you're leaning too. In fact I still hear it.:lol:

I have that problem in obedience too. My obedience instructor made me put a paintstick in the front my pants for 2 months so I couldn't lean over. Every now and then, she'll say "where's that paintstick?":wink2:
 
Distant

Well, you will have to wait till spring to see the video of my boy running the baseball diamond as everything is covered in snow.Yuck!!! Shadow learned his directionals first and then distant.Everybody trains different.I used the garbage can in the begining and just sent him around it and I gradually would increase the distant.I used trees to send him around.I would add jumps.Everydog is different.
 
Back
Top