k9kreationz
Forums Celebrity
Loved the videos! He is wonderful to watch. He just flies through it and makes it look sooooo easy! I hope one day, Maia will look like that.
Sharon, I see that he does not stop at the contacts. Is that what is called a 'running' contact. Do you know what the advantages and disadvantages are of running contacts vs stopped contacts (2020)? I meant to ask this weekend, but did not get a chance to.
Ditto to hoping me and Koji will one day look like that too. I say, "me and Koji" because I'm sure I look like some crazy woman running around. Not as smooth as that handler.
My summed up version of adv/dis to 2o2o vs running:
-The biggest advantage of running contacts is speed. Disadvantage, they also like to blow past the contacts too.
-Advantage to 2o2o, they hit their contacts, disadvantages is that they are slower (this matters when those 100ths of a second count - so not to me, lol) and IMHO I think it puts a lot of stress on their body. Clean Run wrote up an article about a study to find out if 2o2o is harder on a dog's body, versus running contacts. In the end, it said it is harder on the body, however, it also depends on the dogs body shape, size, how he runs, etc.
I myself prefer and do running contacts. We'll see how it goes. Obviously, if it doesn't work, I'll have to resort to 2o2o either for training purposes, or forever.