Akc - Time To Beat

I haven't tried it, but everyone I know who has said they had a lot of fun, regardless if they win or not. Also, a few people dislike how the rules are though, either how to get Q's, etc. I dunno, just repeating.

I scribed it. It looked like a lot of fun. It's, well, fast. Kinda reminds me of NADAC. I would do it if I had the money, just because it seems like a nice fun warm-up.

ETA: you should try it, your boys are super fast! :)
 
Last edited:
I like Time to Beat because it's fast, and a great opportunity to practice contacts and weaves in the ring. Yeah, it doesn't earn you any MACH points, but I prefer it over FAST. For those who run USDAA it's a lot like Steeplechase.
 
I like Time to Beat because it's fast, and a great opportunity to practice contacts and weaves in the ring. Yeah, it doesn't earn you any MACH points, but I prefer it over FAST. For those who run USDAA it's a lot like Steeplechase.

Oh fun! I love Steeplechase!
 
The problem with T2B is that most trials that offer it do so by dropping FAST.
Like FAST I've used it as a warm-up or practice to gain familiarity with equipment or ring conditions.
What's good about T2B versus FAST is that, if you wanna be competitive but your dog isn't yet in excellent this gives a chance to see how you measure up.
What's not so good is if your dog still needs some ring experience on contacts it's not as good a fit as FAST would be for novices.
 
Time to Beat needs 15 Q's and 100 points. Savvy has 8 of the 15 Q's with 79 of the 100 points. She has only not placed first in her class once.
 
Back
Top