Anyone know about Texas bloodlines

Tabitha

Forums Enthusiast
I've been looking for about a year for F-kap's family tree. It would have been easier if I had his papers, but I lost them YEARS ago!:gaah

As some of you already know I had F-kap's grandfather, F-kap Sr (formally known as Prince) and that I had gotten him as a retired stud and maybe show dog, he was (so I'm told) featured on the cover and inside of a Shetland Sheepdog book (http://www.biblio.com/details.php?d...feed-details&gclid=CIygzO6T7rcCFXQV7AodFjcAaA) but it's hard to say for sure. The dog in the book certainly looks like him. But the pix had been taken long before we got him and by that time his fur had gotten darker with age and more shabby (none of us knew how to properly groom a sheltie) and all our pix are in dimly lighted rooms.

F-kap Jr was born in Baytown TX(?) Jan. 6, 2004. He MAY be from the Mystique Sheltie's bloodline but I don't know.

I highly doubt any of you can give me any help finding his family with as little information as I have, but if you do have any hints for me I would like to hear them.

Here is the Mystique Shelties' website
http://mystiqueshelties.com/
 
Probably because that's a kennel located in or near Baytown... that would be my guess.

Yes that's the only reason. I've never been to Baytown (Dad got F-kap for me as a gift when I was young), but from what I understand it's a fairly small town, so I wouldn't think that they would have too many sheltie breeders? But sheltie's are popular in the Houston area so I could be wrong.
 
If he was registered with the AKC you can always find him out there...just by looking at the pic on the cover of that book that dog was not a "show" quality dog, Nor a dog that show breeders would use for stud.
 
If he was registered with the AKC you can always find him out there...just by looking at the pic on the cover of that book that dog was not a "show" quality dog, Nor a dog that show breeders would use for stud.

Yes, I was afrad of that. I know that he was a stud though, meaning they were not breeding properly and I'm not likely to find F-kap's (Jr's or Sr's) bloodline in any show prospect dog:(. From all the studys I've done in the past two years preparing myself for my future show dog, I would have thought I'd know better.

F-kap Jr was born to AKC but I lost his papers before I could register him. And to be honest, I really didn't care. I was a kid, what reason was there for registration?! Or at least that's what I thought then.

Thanks Linda for your time and help. I really need one on one contact with some high qualaty shelties if I'm ever going to learn how to identify them:rolleyes2:!

PS I don't recommend that book to anyone. It shows a little basic dog info, but hardly any on shelties(yes I'm leaving a bad feedback on the book that my best friend is in, I only have it because of my boy, nothing else).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top