Bacon treats

Zana

Forums Regular
Its funny that they would mass produce bacon treaats for dog, but they arnt really bacon. I've always made real bacon treats if I wanted to give my pups extra yumminess. Is it poisonous for dogs to eat cooked bacon. I try to make my own treats from dried meat to cooked meat.
 
It's probably better than the fake 'bacon' they sell but I'd make it an extra special treat that they get rarely as it's not healthy for them (high in fat, salt amongst other things). I dehydrate apple slices and banana slices in the microwave for treats. Easy and low cal and zero fat. I place them right on the microwave tray and 15 minutes on power level 5 then I flip them and do for 5 minute intervals until they seem dry enough...they keep cooking afterwards so don't overlook them but my dogs love them.
 
It's probably better than the fake 'bacon' they sell but I'd make it an extra special treat that they get rarely as it's not healthy for them (high in fat, salt amongst other things). I dehydrate apple slices and banana slices in the microwave for treats. Easy and low cal and zero fat. I place them right on the microwave tray and 15 minutes on power level 5 then I flip them and do for 5 minute intervals until they seem dry enough...they keep cooking afterwards so don't overlook them but my dogs love them.
Ohw, good idea. Ill have to try that. Actually I only give bacon as you said. Once in a while. But kota loves em... Than again she loves anything, but veggies and popcorn.
 
Back
Top